Funeral done

by LouBelle 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

We had the funeral on Friday. My gran deserved so much more. Maxi - my grandfather, sullied the whole process. He wanted to do the eulogy and when he stood up and gave it, said nothing about my gran, it was about the undertakers - he is so uncouth. He then walked out and when he came back in spoke so loud about the shit service and how long the priest was taking, that it was all shit. I ws getting so angry.

I stood arm and arm with my one cousing - Graham, we both had tears because we both were so close to my granny, we are 2 big softies, and we both knew she would have prefered us standing up and sharing our good times.

When we get her ashes we will take them to the same site as my uncle, and bury them next to him, we'll also put her name on a little plaque on the garden bench. We won't have the old man there.

All I wanted for my gran was for her to be free of that old man. she only found that freedom in death.

• cofty
    cofty

Well done LouBelle. As you say once you get her ashes you can have your own private time to honour her.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

And don't forget that glass of champagne. It seems like granny would have had a chuckle at that.

Well done on keeping your dignity through out despite your crazy grand father's best efforts to destablise you (and others) and the service.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I don't know you but sorry for your sadness and loss LouBelle..

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

(((Hugs))) LouBelle

LoisLane

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I'm sorry, that's rough. I am sure your service will be the real one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit