Some JWs overseas use a false name to evade the authorities. Is this a common practice?

by dropoffyourkeylee 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember reading an article on jwservey about a missionary in China, and how the society instructed her to behave, and in fact it was the exact opposite to how we are told to do it in western countries e.g make friends with worldly people and infiltrate them. I found the article very insightfull. In light of this it wouldn't surprise me about the Moroccan thing.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

JWs are told to use "Theocratic Warfare to lie and use half-truths to anyone they deem dangerous to the work." Fred Franz was the brain child of lying, or was it Knorr?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Interesting thread from a Morracan forum.

http://www.yabiladi.com/forum/moroccan-christians-44-1002391.html

Bangalore

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

To clarify the OP, I was not informed if the 'missionary' Witnesses in Morocco are told to witness only to Christians, or if they preach to Muslims too. I don't believe they do a western style door-to-door ministry there. In any case it is a dangerous situation to be in.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS does not have your back in any situation as far as I know. Perhaps if you were an official Missionary? If you just volunteer and pay your own way, pay for your own housing, food, and everything else, you are on your own. The WTBTS does NOT sponsor you in any way, shape, or form if you just volunteer to move where the need is great. They made that very clear in a presentation about a year ago.

Brothers! There is such a need for volunteers in the never-to-be-repeated life-saving rescue work!! Here is the fine print! You are on your own in your personal ( legally unaffiliated with the WTBTS ) ministry! God-speed!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit