What Happens at Judicial Committee Meeting on Apostasy

by passwordprotected 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

This was a famous case here in the UK, based around the experiences of Matt Barrie (aka Hobo Ken). We've uploaded the audio recording of his judicial committee meeting with the Glasgow Bishopbriggs Congregation elders and you can listen/download the (long) unedited file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1pajlf7duc5zgh/Matt%20Judicial%20RAW.MP3

Matt appealled the decision, and his appeal committee meeting hearing can be downloaded here (again unedted):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0058vb4sz896ff9/Matt%20Judicial%20Appeal%20RAW.MP3

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Good stuff. Worth listening to again. RayPublisher has collected some similar videos that are helpful too.

How are all you Glasgow apostates doing these days? You, Hobo, Lorraine, Ninja?

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

Cheers for this, I'm listening uncomfortably right now.

About 1 hour 8 mins in... It sounds to me as if the "two brothers" who heard Matt's parents admit he spoke to them about some things were likely also on a SV at the time.

He handles them lovely.

I had to laugh when one of the elders tries to bluster that going on holiday with someone who's DF could also come under apostasy... Twats.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

I guess it always ends the same way. "Do you recognize the FDS as being the only channel of communication between God and men in these last days?" Channel of communication is a joke by itself. I would like to know what Jehovah has said to them and how they know that it was a revelation from God and not one from an abusive spirit.

• DS211
    DS211

Marked*

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We're all getting on with our lives. I haven't seen Ninja for a while, but I know he's moved on from the ex-JW stuff, as have I for the most part. I'm agnostic to the point of atheism these days.

I see Hobo Ken and Lorraine fairly regularly.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good for you ! and give the best wishes and kindest regards of all us JWN folks to Ninja, Hobo, Lorraine et al

Their contributions here were very helpful, and as they are archived, will be so forever.

To move onward, and upward, is wonderful for you all.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• runForever
    runForever

I'm speechless. I listened to both recordings in their entirety. I think Matthew should get self-control award of the century.

Just the fact that you have 3 separate people questioning you(+ 2 other witnesses) and for that long of time saying that if you

disagree with JW teachings even in your heart you are evil is mind blowing. What happened there is they didn't like their authority being challenged.

It is much like politics such as when someone disagrees with them it is the automatic response to disagree back in order to save their pride and the

pride of their organization. Matthew did extremely well in sticking to his guns which I was hoping he was going to do even to the end.

One thing one of the elders on the "appeal" committee said was that the salvation message of the gospel was what Christendom teaches but not

Jehovah's witnesses. Really? So who put that in the bible? Some random guy- God didn't know what he was doing? Oops I slipped it in there again I

meant to speak about the kingdom more. This is definitely the most satisfying judicial committee I have listened to because the "wrongdoer" did

not give out or concede when they repeatedly were prying despite them claiming they were not. How many times did they ask for his personal views despite him telling them he wasn't going to discuss them? At least 50 that is my guess.

Oh and I noticed how much they said 'emmm'(scottish version of americans umm) was way way way more than Matthew did. This really tells something about them because that is what you have to do when you are reaching. Seriously listen to how many times they said 'emm' it is crazy.

• nightvision
    nightvision

Was great to hear this again .

Mathew displays some fancy footwork throughout both these obscene proceedings . sticks to his guns superbly .

in the end its so obvious they couldnt get him on any wrong doing without violating there own rules , so they ultimately execute

him because they didnt want a smart inteligent guy like him around who they couldnt mentally control .

As an aside, i only wish Mathew did challenge them on the 607 issue , at least in the form of a question. He's so smart , im sure he would have

ran rings around their fraudulent doctrine .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit