Are ANY Of The 20th Century Bible Prophecies Taught By JWs Still Believed In?

by minimus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Remember all those book studies that we had to understand, that dealt with prophecy as expounded by Fred Franz??

Are any of them still accepted as "Truth"?

• Laika
    Laika

The seven trumpet blasts of Revelation still refer to seven conventions from the early 20th century.

• minimus
    minimus

that's it?

• Laika
    Laika

1914?

Actually I think the majority of JW bible interpretations have not changed recently, it would be easier to make a list of new ones.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that almost every publication that Fred Franz wrote could be dismissed.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

"This Generation that will not pass" now equals two generations that wll not pass. Yet it is still referred to as "one generation." The WBTS should publish it's own dictionary as it thrives off of creating it's own definitions to words.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

There probably aren't too many Witnesses who still believe in 1975. Fred was really excited about 1975... But no, he and his predictions and all his stupid books are; or will be all forgotten. JW's are good at forgetting. This religion keeps changing ever so slightly as the years go by, and the average Witnesses seems to forget how many times they have been duped.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When the Elders asked me why I thought that I should partake, I said , " Have you read ' Everlasting Life in the freedom of the Sons of God?', dead air for a good 10 seconds. They truly have no clue what the WTBTS has written. How could they? The memory hole is too deep. If they truly KNEW anything they would step down. Ignorance and slight of hand is the WTBTS's greatest weapon. The ever present threat of shunning helps too.

I think we could pretty much throw away everything the WTBTS has ever printed. Seriously. With JW.org and the new Bible, complete with the new reasoning notes for dummies, what else do they really need. Forget theocracy, more like idiocracy. So we have 1914... Fred Franz is lucky that they did not dig up his bones and burn them. Me thinks they did protest too much about the "old translation committee." Geeze, they just kept saying how much they loved those guys, but still..the NWT is done. Enter, the RNWT!!!

DD

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Yes it is true, all elders I have ever known were the Bible dumbest guys I ever spoke to among JWs, and none of them read legacy material other than the book study. And their Bible comprehension was severly limited and robotic, like an employee manual. And no doubt all the busy work they are involved in, has added to their stunted spiritual development.

Most JWs are in the same mental boat, just drifting comatose to the Niagara Fall.

But I will say certain JWs new it all in great detail, they were very rare, and I imagine now they are questioning if the GB is not actually the "evil slave" with this last decade of JW overhaul of EVERYTHING in the religion.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Ahhh, but they did dig up Fred Franz' bones and burned them and flushed the ashes down the toilet. No joke. They wanted no possibility of an exhumation and autopsy as well. Rutherford, Knorr and Franz were all given a form of the "isotope treatment". They were all radioactive.

And their bodies and bones are all gone now. (Half-life concerns for trace amounts). Just to be safe. (and there are others).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit