Do you believe in a literal Christ?

by Monsieur 26 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

And we thought the first human photograph was the figleaf on Eve after she went out into the sun after the first human cover up. fig bikini?

was there light involved in the marking of the buried shroud? or rather chemical reaction?

chemicals, fibres that did not exist 1985 yers ago?

believe in a jesus walking on water, making grapeless wine, cloning bread, dead fishes, curing without drugs, antibiotics? weather engineering? resurrecting?

The walking dead after his demise? come on,

unbelievable !!.

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

If by literal you mean the devine miricle working supernatural mythical recreation that appears to be described in the NT then NO. If you mean the none supernatural historical person which is also alluded to,in line with the history of the creation and purpose of this new form of Jewishness then there is little reason not accept the evidence with the normal reservations. The problem here is understand the complex methods used by the NT writers to hide to the true events of the period in the apparent supernatural and that a true and complete understanding is beyond those of us who would love to know but have not got the time or the passion to do the studying required in order to obtain the multiple Phd's required.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"If you mean the none supernatural historical person which is also alluded to,in line with the history of the creation and purpose of this new form of Jewishness then there is little reason not accept the evidence with the normal reservations. The problem here is understand the complex methods used by the NT writers to hide to the true events of the period in the apparent supernatural and that a true and complete understanding is beyond those of us who would love to know but have not got the time or the passion to do the studying required in order to obtain the multiple Phd's required." - Bart

I didn't understood this statement.

Would you please elaborate?

Respectfully,

Ismael

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I sat through a 4 hour lecture by Alan Whanger, a Duke University professor and leading historian on the Shroud. I will just say that it is a fascinating and unique piece of history. Belief in the Shroud as related to Jesus is not a faith-maker or -breaker, however it will certainly stimulate the mind. Believe me, the lecture is far better than any website on the topic.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Is there a copy of this lecture anywhere, I would be interested to see or read it?

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

MadGiant- "Would you please elaborate?"

The point I was making was that it is not a simple question of whether the NT is literal or not. It is evidently a very well written collection of Myth literature, the writers being well educated and wellversed in the greek and other cultural myth genre, despite church leaders telling us for some two thousand years that these writer were not. This was used to explain the numerous strange grammatical constructions used in the greek text which appear to have no reason even when it is evident that the writer purposely changed between their constructions even though they know and use the correct and or common types. With the writers expert level of scholarship an inconsistant approach to grammatical construction must indicate some form of encryption. The special way which scholars of greek since Jerome have insisted that the NT demands unique translaton of words in specific versres is evidence of the churches false doctrine and the removal of the encryption indecators in the original text.

If the writer were intelligent and expert enough to produce such clear scripts then there is no reason why they could not have hiden within the myth story true and acurate facts of the real historic situation and events which with using a specific set of rules, or knowledge that the early leaders of christain movement were fully awear of. It is unfortunate that we as common people and the scholars have been taught to accept some basic facts ,which are not true, and not to question to stongly the establishments' views.

The concept of hiding facts is as common today as it was two thousand years ago, although the consequenses for NT writers or early leaders were far more serious than they are now, especially if some of the true identities and motives of some of the main characters in the NT were in VERY elevated positions of power within the Jewish and Roman political structure. The same is true of this site, many posters use an alias to avoid the consequenses of their identities being revealed to the JWs of there congregation etc.

I hope this makes the concept a little clearer.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

of course i believe in my creator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit