135th Gilead Class video

by zound 16 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

"to be useful to Jehovah, and to the organization....I realize i have to be a 'lesser one'".

Oye vey!

• zound
    zound

Some quotes from the confused and tired looking graduates...

"I was really struggling, in my mind, with that idea that we are now invited to Gilead." - (The woman saying this looked really concerned and was waving her hands to her head strangely - that's called cognitive disonence.)

"I just love to be surprised by Jehovah" (you are being surprised by the Governing Body - not Jehovah)

"So again it's just a case of trusting, that Jehovah knows best for you, and following it, and then you'll never be dissapointed." (You mean trusting the GB, andyou will be dissapointed)

"So for me, I realise that to be useful to Jehovah, and the organisation, I have to be a lesser one" (from a depressed looking sister)

And from the leadership...

"Show respect, for the dignity of others. You add to your dignity when you glorify your ministery - not looking for self glorification."

"Jesus said, those two coins that were placed there, that really was her whole living - it really didn't matter, how the money was going to be used - that was her gift to Jehovah, and she was going to be blessed because she gave it." (Geffory Jackson)

"Their giving had consequences, but they calculated the consequences and gave wholeheartedly to grand theocratic activity"

• zound
    zound

So much sadness and depression in their faces - check out the black brother at around 1.30 mark, he looks so miserable.

Anthony Morris slurring as usual - sounds like he's drunk.

I really feel like helping all these poor people who are throwing their lives away for these fat pompous old men.

• Gayle
    Gayle

About 50 seconds in,,the way he tightens his 'fists' up, and stating right to these graduates, to "bolster up" these congregations, just sounds like they are getting trained to 'trouble shoot' or fight or exert a lot of strength in these assignments.. I think the GB is expecting more future probs in congs.

• Listener
    Listener

Sending the specially selected, trained troops in as reinforcements.

This was another opportunity for the GB members to dignify and glorify themselves, no doubt they believe this is also God's will.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What Lost Generation above said. Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah...Jehovah this and Jehovah that. We are the Jehovah cult.

Jesus is only referenced by Geoffrey Jackson second-hand in relation to the widows mite account. Compare that with the Christian Greek Scriptures, where it is all about Jesus. (The JW's believe the Bible is 100% preserved by God yet not a single extant manuscript of the NT contains the divine name. God preserved his word faithfully but he allowed all trace of his divine name to disappear from the NT.)

Jackson says that what you do in your "service to Jehovah (ie, the organisation)" is proof of your "faithfulness to Jehovah", with a little crocodile smile at the end. That sums it up; performing the organisation's programme of works is the same as serving God. Forget everything else like helping the poor and sick and suffering, forget about directing people to accept Jesus as their lord and saviour. Just do what the organisation directs you to do, sacrifice your livelihood and the best years of your life,and God will think you are faithful, period. You've earned eternal life.

English brother graduate sitting on the stage talks about Joshua replacing Moses in "Jehovah's organisation", the ancient Israelites. That epitomises the JW's. They equivocate the ancient Israelites with their own religion. They are a quasi-Jewish cult with a camouflage of Christianity.

If the apostles themselves watched this video they would certainly not recognise the JW's as anything remotely resembling the restoration of primitive Christianity. They would think they were hearing some other kind of "good news" than what they preached (Galatians 1).

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Know what would have made this video more "happifying?" If it were filmed in black and white. Then, it would have that creepy 1984 (the movie) auro to it. I agree with the above, this is getting more Jehovah-Cult like every day. The organization this, the organization that. When that guy was on stage talking about Moses and Joshua and "the organization" back then, I was like WTF? YHWH didn't have no stinkin' "Organization" back then. He spoke directly to you via a burning bush or Angels, and THAT is all the proof you needed of His "Will." No Awake! or Watchtower magazines required. These people are no different than Scientologists. The Governing Body might as well be proclaiming, "Go forth and spread literature, and send back the money!!!"

**GAG**

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit