Car Accident Advice II: The wrath of Khan

by bboyneko 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I got such good advice last time I am posting another incident I need help on:

This occured in Maryland state.

Driver A rear-ended Driver B. Driver B was found to be driving on a suspended liscense. In Maryland that carries a $1000 fine and possible 1 year prison sentence.

Can Driver B sue Driver A even though Driver B was not even supposed to be on the road? Can Driver A sue Driver B? Driver A was found at fault by an initial police report.

Thanks for the advice

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Driver A should not rear-ended driver B in the first place.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Fred that's exactly the kind of advice a cat would give.

• LDH
    LDH

LOL! Fred stop hijacking threads you bad little kitty!

My move would be, that if *I* was driver A and I got slapped with a lawsuit, would be to contact the DA's office and make sure this person was prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I don't know if that helped, because you say Driver A was at fault. Why would he want to sue anyway?

I think Driver A can be held liable even though B wasn't supposed to be on the road. If I were A, I'd pay for damages and slink quietly away, esp. if personal injury were involved.

Lisa

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Johnny Demp,

Was you the driver B?

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Well, it's like a burgler suing a homeowner because when he broke into the house he cut his feet on glass shards left on the floor.

• LDH
    LDH

And with this wacky legal system we've got, more than one homeowner has been found guilty of having a dangerous obstruction in his home, and been found liable to pay damages.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

http://starbulletin.com/98/02/11/editorial/chang.html

http://www.homestead.com/16th/snafu.html

Burglar sues homeowner for injury

ROSEVILLE, Mich. (AP) - A man who broke into a house is suing the owner, saying she was responsible for the beating he took when he returned to the home the next day. Cassidy L. VanHorn, 21, suffered two broken arms, a broken jaw and other injuries in the July 1997 attack at the home of Diana Folbigg, his attorney said Tuesday. VanHorn is seeking at least $25,000 in damages. Although Folbigg did not take part in the attack, she owed a duty to VanHorn to provide a safe environment at her home when she lured him back, according to the lawsuit. Police arrived and arrested VanHorn along with one of his attackers. That man pleaded guilty to assault and battery. A good case for shooting straight

http://members.aol.com/cribsheet/wire.htm
  • BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Anybody can sue anyone.

Whether or not they win their case is another matter altogether.

Andee

Edited to add: I am dealing with my own insurance/car accident headaches right now. If one ever gets into an accident(injuries), make sure the other driver (who was 100% at fault BTW), doesn't have the SAME insurance company you. It can really be a nightmare to resolve everything.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Can a citizen really demand that a certain criminal trial be prosecuted to the full extent of the law? Will it make any difference in the final judgement of punishment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit