Obvious question...

by braincleaned 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

All of this construction, the buying, the selling... WHY?
    Does anyone wonder why a publishing company has to be SO huge? Paterson, Walkill, now Warwick...
    I was watching the promo video on JW.org, and it dawned on me that most of those buildings are for the maintenance of the compound itself.
    It's building to cater to more building.

It seems obvious that they are building an empire worth billions on the back of volonteers that don't realize what size this thing should REALLY be for a publishing company (that has drastically shrunken their printing load if we look at the size of today's catalogue), and offices to organize the work.

Take time to look at how much space a company like Random House takes (3.4 billon this year alone) ! Do you see my point?
    Look at what is produced, then look at the 3 main locations now — and ask yourself what would really be needed (given they also have branches all over the world).

Was THIS what Jesus had in mind? Did he think his "faithful and Discreet Slave" was going to be represented by rock stars, that have the 'high places' in these compounds (and they DO)? Did he say to build multimillion dollar buidings on the back of gullible volonteers who would be better off preaching as he ordered them to?
    Did he tell his sheep that he will leave his place as mediator to the WTS?

What are YOUR thoughts on this explosion of real estate?

• Glander
    Glander

I completely agree. It is as plain as day.

Years ago we were quoted the mandate that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth, and then the end will come..."

This was to justify the huge publishing empire, the hundreds of Kingdom Halls, the gigantic conventions, etc. Growth, growth growth!

We were also taught that the day would come that, like Noah, the ark would be closed up and no more taken aboard to avoid Jehovahs wrath.

Seems rather inconsistent here in 2013 that they need such a huge plant complex to turn out their pitiful little comic book pamphlets.

You are correct. It's about building material wealth. That is all it has ever been about.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

Well everything that is done is more evidence that Jehovah is advancing his organization. Everyone sees this move as God wants his headquarters moved so it won't be near all the destruction of Armageddon. When the people that believed this get older and die the newer witnesses won't know the buzz that the move created and will carry on as normal. I personally think the move will be more cost effective and save money. They can sell all their buildings for a billion dollars, build a brand new state of the art facilility just the way they want it for five hundred million and now they have five hundred million dollars to play with. I bet that creates a very deep cushion to operate with for quite a few years. Why do they need all the real estate they have, well that's easy, because they say they need it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maturity. They have joined the establishment.

• Simon
    Simon

The aim of any org becomes to grow and expand. A sign that its driven by man-made desires.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

A great deal of emphasis is placed by the WT on building programs. Moreover, efforts placed in this area are often equated to the efforts placed in the door to door ministry. For instance, the expression “giving time to Jehovah” can be used for both a construction volunteer and a pioneer.

Yet, when looking at the scriptures for a Christian reference on the matter, there is nothing to be found. They meant in private houses and obviously, didn’t produce printed material as the watchtower does today.

That being said, the example set by the first Christian in this matter is irrelevant as it was recently clarified that they were not the F&DS. As a result, it is to be expected that the WT will take actions that were never taken before – they are unique, living in an exceptional time.

Though I don’t agree with the logic, it is nonetheless their logic. As for comparing the sizes of other print houses with the ones of the watchtower, you must keep in mind that the employees of the other companies don’t live on site.

• blondie
    blondie

How much of this is related to printing and others to housing aging Bethelites with status? How much printing is farmed out to Canada and Mexico and Germany?

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

ecan6 — I would like to focus on the fact that the ONLY reason the workers live on site is because they are volonteers — free labor!
    It STILL does not explain the way oversized space for the amount of printing produced. I don't know why this is not blatently obvious to all!

The whole thing is so out of proportion.

Also, about the way the 8 rockstars are treated... would Jesus get the best digs in the house while his followers got a room?
    I remember living by bethel and some were 4 in a room! The reason? They were nothing coming in — not regular pioneers, nor MS...
    You want to talk about seniority? Did Jesus mention seniority?

It's all so obvious... I mean, come on!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

It's good business though. Screw spiritual goals! They get free labor from VERY controlled sheep, house and feed them — and the rest is ALL benefit.
    From Matt. 28:19,20 to selling one billion dollar worth of real estate — you see the problem?

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

They could pay the hired/volunteers....The Society talks about this system & how many are losing their jobs & have to support a family, things are so expensive. So the question is, if this is the complaint, why won't they help by paying these people...They complain about this system but what do they do to help ? Nothing, but yet they are so concerned about the gov't being shut down...what do they care ? They didn't vote for none of them, but dollars to donuts, let one witness not get their benefits...they would be the first ones complaining...How this system doesn't take care of anyone...

Bet none of them were around during the depression, when the gov't didn't do a darn thing for anybody..

The Society is like any religion...it's all about business & then throw in the Name of God to justify..God told us to build, buy & sell..

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit