16 International Conventions in the USA not far from a congregation near you. Well, maybe far but if you don't get invited dont fret, a video link is available.

by bnybyt 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

A member of the Gov Bod will be present or one of their personal Assistants

at each of the 16 locations.

All District Conventions will be tied in to the International locations for Special

talks via video link.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi bnybyt ...geez your name is hard to pronounce haha

hey nice to see you...how about telling us a bit more about you!

>

We joined around the same time

clarity

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Clarity your nic is on the other hand quite pronounceable!

I'm middle aged, been an elder, and "stepped" down from that responsibility after reading Crisis of Conscience.

My wife is very loyal to the Watchtower still, she used to be a full time pioneer. Now she's an ongoing Aux.

I'm withdrawing more and more from doing "theocratic stuff". My wife even asked if I was going to the Special Day.

I said yes to that just to be able to catch up with some other wanabe faders I've known since my awakening.

I started partaking at the memorial in 2007 and after the "abuse" from my local BOE and then CO about it I

came to question the "Society" more and more. My first urges to look into WT History lead me to search the internet

and in an article on Wikipedia I read about Ray Franz and that motivated me to get his books. After reading them

I knew I had to do something, I didn't want to be an enforcer of WT policies and was looking for more Christian Freedom.

That led to more internet searches and this website.

I've also researched my family history and come to appreciate my Sephardic Jewish heritage.

Although I was raised Roman Catholic, thru my maternal grandmother I can trace back my roots to the Eastern Spanish shores,

and a converso family, although...

I consider myself a believer in Jesus as the Messiah and by that definition definitely a Christian.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey bnybyt. Thanks for this and the other info on the pioneer school. Crisis of Conscience was a real eye opener For me too.

• clarity
    clarity

So many Elders seeing behind the curtain now.

Thanks for your experiences ... interesting about your Jewish heritage,

I found the same thing, a Jewish heritage with a German connection!

>

I spent 25 yrs believing & an other almost 25 yrs still chained,

thinking it was me being weak!

>

Lovely to be out the last 3 yrs ...but have family still in

(that hurts as you know).

>

I look forward to your future posts

clarity

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, it's always good to have a mole.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So soon, they will encourage "extra" giving to fund the travel expenses of missionaries and other "delegates" to come to these events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit