Video on child abuse

by TTATT 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• TTATT
    TTATT

Very strong video on child abuse in the WT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohaLn1QhI90

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I think the video is very well made. However, it would be a good idea to make it a little more mainstream by rewording some of the items. For instance:

"... committed under the protection of so called religious beliefs"

could be

"... committed under current organizational procedures".

Concerning the things that can be done, I agree with them except for the first one. Everyonce in a while, a kid will actually lie about this stuff. So what about "Innocent until proven guilty"?.

There is one thing that the video did not address:

- Do the elders recieve as proof other type of witnesses such as pictures, recordings, medical/legal proofs or even contracdictory statements from the accused? I can't even find anything abou that topic in anything printed by the watchtower.

- In places where elders don't have to report to the police, are parents still discouraged to do so?

• clarity
    clarity

Excellent video ....

Thanks for posting it.

clarity

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Strong video on showing what really goes on.

Thanks for sharing.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Excellent video, spot on I'd say.

• Violia
    Violia

do you have a direct you tube link? I am finding that some video's go full screen on my computer and the "watch on you tube' icon is missing.

btw, I do not have full screen checked, so not my computer.

OK i got to you tube.

Does anyone know of a video like this that does not contain the name of an org. unless it is one widely known to help children? I want this video up but not sure if folks will listen to it as it stands.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I have personally been involved, as an elder, in 3 cases of 'child molestation'. Our first response was to call the 'Legal Department' in New York. The Legal Department always asked "Who knows about this?"

The real message from the legal department was, "Do everything to make sure this goes no further. Protect Jehovah's good name."

One brother, who was our PO at the time, was molesting his own daughter for years! Five years later he was giving talks at District Conventions!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit