Deliverance at Hand: The Redemption of a Devout Jehovah's Witness

by Shepherd Book 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I'm excited to announce that my book, Deliverance at Hand!, officially releases today.

If you’d like to purchase a copy of the book, the easiest way to go about it is to CLICK THIS LINK. Another option is to buy it from Minnesota Atheists’ website. If you do, a portion of your payment will go toward that organization.

Here's the Facebook page. "Like" the page, if you'd like.

If you’d like to learn more about the book prior to purchasing it, you can check out my interview on The Thinking Atheist. This is a lengthy podcast, so if you just want to hear my segment, scroll to the 8-minute mark:

I was recently interviewed on the Geeks Without God podcast. Here’s a LINK TO THE INTERVIEW ON THAT SITE.

Here's a review of the book from Library Journal:

Minnesota-native Zimmerman (editor, Minnesota Atheist Newsletter) grew up a devout Jehovah’s Witness but slowly began doubting his faith until he became convinced that the God of his religion and the Bible does not exist. In young adulthood, he devoted hundreds of hours to service and was regularly called upon to give talks and be a leader at his Kingdom Hall. His personal experiences and struggles during these years form the basis for this glimpse into the everyday life of devout Jehovah’s Witnesses. Unlike Jocelyn R. Zichterman, author of I Fired God, Zimmerman did not experience abuse; he simply began questioning the dogmatism he had been taught as he witnessed double standards, inconsistency, and illogical thinking by leaders within the “balsam of Gilead” (New World Translation of the Bible). A memoir, his book does not attempt to cover what the Watchtower Society believes and teaches but simply relates his personal understanding and experiences. VERDICT An optional purchase for most libraries, accounts like Zichterman’s, mentioned above, or Lauren Drain’s Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church.—Ray Arnett

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Can't wait to read this... I am also ex-JW turned atheist. In fact I first question the character of God — became atheist — only THEN realized who the Borg was. A little unusual.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Braincleaned:

Yes, you said it: that is unusual. A little backwards, I'd say. I first noticed holes in the doctrine and the hypocrisy long before I questioned god's existence.

• gbrn
    gbrn

I read the book and absolutely loved it. I experienced many similar things, as I'm sure many others have. Thanks for writing the book. I love the cover - it captures the older graphic design style. I really enjoyed the podcasts you were on too. Thanks for putting your story out there James. I hope the book does well!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Congratulations, SB. That is quite an achievement. I wish you every success.

LoisLane

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks, gbrn and LoisLane.

Gbrn - glad you enjoyed it so much. I can't take any credit for the cover art...but I'm happy to hear you found it fitting.

I appreciate the support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit