I need help when answering proof of WT being only religion

by DS211 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DS211
    DS211

Ok so i have already been talked to about this and i always have difficulty finding a retort. My friend/elder condtantly tells me to visit Bethel to prove its gods org--efficient, obedient, loving place, yadda yadda. And he also uses how many go out and preach the same message, how no matter where you go youll get the same loving treatment, follow the Bible as best they can (ha), show lots of love, do t celebrate pagan holidays, etc etc. so im having trouble responding with a good answer to this. When they stack all these things on top of one another it makes it tough to answer.

So...

what would you say?

DS

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

So God values efficiency, conformity and fake love above everything else? Is love real if it si forced and expected? Did God give us a brain so we can then not use it when worshipping him?

• DS211
    DS211

Well put frazzled. My thing is there is love in the org.....however duty to the GB takes precedent and somehow overthrows the buggest commandment Christ gave, to love all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WT is a good religion. Good people. Sincere. "Loving" (conditional -- but most love is conditional).

But is it the one religion that GOD is using to communicate to mankind?

1874, 1914, 1925, 1975, 2000, and now overlapping generations.

JUST WHAT IS IT that God is trying to tell us about WT?

Doc

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, its probably a question that every religion uses. And how many religions do you really know? The Mormons, Seven Day Adventists etc. could all ask their members the same question, and they wouldn't know either. And of course, it is a loaded question, i.e. how many religions do exactly the same things as we do?

• DS211
    DS211

Eveyones looking for proof. Is it possible that when given how to recognize folowers of christ the bible says. They would have love amongst themselves? Could it be that it talked about each individual having love within them and not as a group of people? Sorry at work and just thinking out loud

• Ding
    Ding

They ignore all contrary evidence.

Talk to some ex-Bethelites about what it's really like there.

Also, read CoC and Captives of a Concept.

• Laika
    Laika

Good question. JWs have a large combination of rules and doctrines that make them unique, they then assert that these are the things God wants and that since they're doing them they must be the ones that God approves of. It's circular reasoning. You can't argue each point one by one until you've opened him to the possibility he's wrong and get him to be willing to face that.

JWs don't investigate their beliefs because they don't want to find out they're wrong. Too much to lose. Pointing this out directly is not such a bad thing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a religious publishing house that utilizes and exploits the belief in the bible to proliferate its literature.

There is a created illusion that there is religion (Pure Worship) there and this what the organization is selling and promoting as such.

The doctrines have always been tainted and false because of the operation of a publishing house at its core structure.

Asking a JWS is totally useless to get a truthful answer for they have been mentally brainwashed to think as they suppose to think.

...... and in reality thats a sad thing

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"And he also uses how many go out and preach the same message"

What message? That God is going to lovingly kill billions of people if they don't become JWs? And is preaching the SAME message really that important? Prior to 1914 the message was that the end was coming in 1914. Prior to 1925 the message was that soon the "faithful men of old" will be resurrected in 1925. When I was young, the cover of the Awake magazine said that it was "God's promise" that those that saw the events of 1914 would be alive when armageddon comes. Etc etc. Does having unity with your message.....or should I say.....conformity......trump the ACCURACY of it? Jesus said to worship with spirit and TRUTH. Not spirit and conformity to a flawed message.

"how no matter where you go youll get the same loving treatment"

How loving is that treatment in reality? The love is paper thin based on how well you are towing the organizational line. Stop going to meetings and stop going in service and see just how strong that "bond of love" really is. Their love is purely conditional.

"follow the Bible as best they can"

Many people claim they do the same. What makes them different aside from the idea that they have faith that THEIR doctrinal beliefs are the CORRECT ones? And do JWs follow the bible according to their understanding.....or do they simply believe what they are told to believe by the FDS (thus putting their trust in men)?

"do t celebrate pagan holidays"

There is a September 2003 Awake magazine that discusses the history of the pinata. It makes sure to mention that pinatas are steeped in pagan origins. But the magazine interestingly goes on to mention that those origins have long since faded and pinata has in recent times taken on a completely new and innocent meaning. Therefore it is up to each christian to decide how they feel about pinatas. Well.....if pinatas aren't condemned because their original pagan ties have long been lost......then why should we feel any differently about any other holiday that has similarly lost its pagan ties? Why the hypocrisy? Why is it ok for JWs to wear wedding rings (Egyptian paganism)? Why is it ok to feed each other wedding cake? (fertility) Again. Why the hypocrisy?

You need to train yourself on how to spot logical fallacies. go to www.jwfacts.com to help you learn what to look for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit