Relocation of UK Bethel

by krejames 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

70wksfyrs; where would the Bethelite workers have been moved to ? surely if a new residence had been built the R&F would have known about this and it would be common knowledge, I thought that the old Ridgway was used as residence when Bittacy Hill was built, if there are 650 plus in the Mill Hill family who are on limited funds paying transport costs from Chelmsford or Milton Keynes daily would not be ecconomiccly viable?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just to back St. George up. The letter is genuine - we had one read out a few weeks ago and it is still up on our notice board.

There is no question they want to do something but the question is what. Rumours about relocation might be true but there the only thing that is 100% certain is that they want the UK flock to get their wallets out (again).

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Fleaman, they are called that now. When I was still in an elder called me over to read the first letter with that new heading pinned on the board.

As he told me, it was a very great example of how the all-wise (he didn't say that!) GB care for the brothers and sisters by making sure that they all know they are Christian. (They wouldn't have known otherwise...OK, he didn't say that either.)

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Yup - they're going to build a new bethel in Chelmsford on the site of a scrap metal business.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Jehovah-s-Witnesses-plan-UK-HQ-county/story-20479709-detail/story.html

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The ONLY way is Essex !

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

going to be a big project

• krejames
    krejames

Wow. Odd to see the interior of a KH I am extremely familiar with in the newspaper! Whether I like it or not I am sure I will be hearing more about this from my local sources ;)

• Gayle
    Gayle

"We won't be knocking on people's doors, that's not the case, we're busy with other things," he said.

"But we do organise tours to show people around the locations. As a charity relying on donations, Jehovah's Witnesses will come from all over Britain to see what their money is being spent on.

going to have a "hospital" ==??? for their elderly

it’s going to be good fun.”

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Having been to bethel and requiring medical treatment before I left, I got to see the medical setup.

They have a female GP, an elders wife. They have a dentist that they pay to come in. They have a dentist room and a GP suite.

They ALSO had a massage room where a french overseers wife would do massages. I kid you not.

Here is the best bit, unbeknown to me, I damaged my back in a car accident on way to a quick build. It got worse. So at bethel, the GP sent me to this massage sister. But under the strictest confidence that I dont tell other bethelites that there was one. It was strictly for the older ones at bethel I was told.

So trust me, the 'older ones' are the overseers. They are basically using religious donations to give themself private healthcare in a country with free health care. That is money well spent .

It doesn't say, medical facilities for workers, it says a hospital floor for older members. There is NOT a fleet of OAP JW's at bethel. There are hundreds of misguided teens and young, geeky (yes I was) JW guys, a few couples who can't afford to leave and then the Overseers, who now must be betwen age 55-77+.

• snare&racket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit