Any proof that more JW's are leaving in greater numbers then before?

by Crazyguy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Hi ........... We are conscious of the many newly enlightened

>

who join JWN. We are only one site, there are many more.

>

Although sometimes the rapid influx of Newbies seems to indicate

>

that we are seeing a whole bunch more than usual, and we are

at times, .... but to me it is not just about numbers ....

>

it is about degree .......the tenor? There seems now to be,

>

a much more dire force behind the exodus of the watchtower.

>

Truly like those folks on the sinking Titanic, running for the

lifeboats.

>

Here is a very well done video ... that captures the confusion

and disillusion of jehovah's witnesses.

http://www.youtube.com/v/bCoAoLOrxSM%26list=HL1350393987%26feature=mh_lolz

clarity

>

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

When you wish upon a star .... sing along

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

No proof, but some observations on changes made to acrtificially keep numbers up:

- Allowing elderly & sick to be counted as publisher for 15 minutes each month

- Allowing BOTH parents to count four hours each month for family study

- Dropping the aux. pioneer hours to 30, plus a lot of pressure to peak during memorial month

Further observations at assemblies are that only a handful or (pre) teens are being baptized (of which 2 out of 3 leave)

Certainly not about to collapse, but the growth is gone.

• erbie
    erbie

Many of them have been JW's for so long it would be crushing and humiliating for them to give up now.

Even though I was a JW for just a few years people would still ask me, "how can you believe in it one minute and abandon it the next".

It is a valid question if you think about it and it did come from very astute people.

I was forced to give it a lot of thought and am left wondering if anyone really buys into it 100% or whether we just go along with it because it sounds so good and gives us a 'purpose' in life.

The subconscious mind is a complicated thing, that much I do know...

The GB certainly don't believe it because they are the ones with the steering wheel and are the ones who keep changing everything.

Indeed, how could they really believe in it?

• steve2
    steve2

There is a sizable proportion of Witnesses who are simply too unmotivated to summon the energy and drive to ever leave. You kind of drift along doing what you've always done. It's kind of mindlessly comforting for humans to get into ruts and not wanting anything to disturb their personal comfort. It is as true of JWs as it is humans in general. Trouble is, when you're affiliated with an organization obsessed with the numbers game, you also need a super thick hide to stave off the encouraging cattle prods to do more and more and more....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Nice clip.

• rmt1
    rmt1

"- Allowing elderly & sick to be counted as publisher for 15 minutes each month

- Allowing BOTH parents to count four hours each month for family study

- Dropping the aux. pioneer hours to 30, plus a lot of pressure to peak during memorial month."

Quantitative findings.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wouldn't say there's any "proof" per se, but I sure find it hard to shake the impression of a growing undercurrent of quiet desperation.

• steve2
    steve2

How do you let go of something that you have spent your whole life defending as true, have made significant sacrifices for and told to doubt is to become under "Satan's" influence?

There is a part of me that has empathy for older Witnesses who are beset with doubts but genuinely feel there is nothing much they can do without suffering great loss such as family still in and the standing in their kingdom-hall community.

Having got out in my 20s, I do not know firsthand what it would be like growing old in the organization - although I have been deeply admiring of those who have left later in life such as Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I think there will be a lot of internalized problems first before any exodus. Sadly the number who are heavily medicated, self medicate with alchol and food and those who become so desparate will commit suicide - these will be the palpable strains on the org. The conscious who then awaken after these events will be the ones to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit