BACK TO TWICKERS IN 2014

by St George of England 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

We had a letter read at the end of the WT study today announcing Twickenham for our convention, 22-24 August 2014. No AMEX next year then.

There was also a letter read saying not to book hotels except from the WTS list as this would help make it cheaper for the majority as the WTS will have greater bargaining power!

They are also hoping to book buses and trains.

What a scam.

George

• bigmac
    bigmac

oh super--does anyone remember the twickers of the early 60's ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had my first teenage kiss, up in the stands, when it was nearly dark, in 1963. She had Hotlips !!!

I have lots of memories of Twickers, mostly involving girls. I cannot remember a single Talk.

The main problem for us was it was a hell of a journey from home, over 90 miles and hardly any Motorways, we usually went up in the family car, an old early fifties heap on its last legs usually. If we did go on the Congo Coach, that was a 1950's bone shaker that stunk of diesel fumes and with a top speed of thirty miles an hour.

When I was in my mid teens I began staying up there in private home accommodation, we then had more time to woo the girls !

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Twickers 1960.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One cool dude for 1960 !

great quiff, WT screwed up and stuffed in pocket, and no neck tie, good boy !

I guess I was there too, I didn't see the parrot, just heard lots of JW's parroting rubbish !

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes I was there all through the 60's as well. We always stayed on the camp site.

Many memories similar to Phizzy, one year they said do not take your car there is no parking anywhere. So instead of camping we stayed in society found B&B; nearly two hour travel each way from Twickers! Never again.

George

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

We have ours at Coventry Ricoh Arena - funny as I saw Take That there a few years ago and it was a far better atmosphere and then last year I went to my first ever football match (been to lots of football grounds but never for a footie game!!) there to watch Coventry Vs Birmingham and it was FAB hearing the rowds chant "Oh Birmingham is full of ****, oh Birmingham is full of ****, it's full of Brummies, blues and villa, Oh Birmingham is full of ****." Yes as you can imagine it was a VERY different atmosphere he he!! :)

• fokyc
    fokyc

BUT NO Cardiff in 2014

All Cardiff assemblers must go to Birmingham LG Arena - also on 22 to 24 August 2014

This is August Bank Holiday weekend! The AGM tie-up was so successful that they are doing the same for the Conventions; hence ALL will be on the same weekend.

• tim hooper
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

so no-one can have a working conv and then a listening one...and no-one will get releases earlier ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit