Never Become Enraged with Jehovah (tomorrow's WT Study)....pure vomit

by raymond frantz 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

NEVER BECOME ENRAGED AGAINST JEHOVAH

(Watchtower study 7-13 October)

PARAGRAPH 4

4Is it really possible that we could become “enraged against Jehovah”? Surely to do so would be futile. (Isa. 41:11) What would we hope to gain? A poet once said: “Your arm’s too short to box with God.” We may never go so far as to vocalize a complaint against Jehovah. But Proverbs 19:3 says that a man’s foolishness “distorts his way, and so his heart becomes enraged against Jehovah himself.” Yes, a person can become enraged against God in his heart. This attitude could manifest itself in subtle ways. An individual could, as it were, hold a grudge against Jehovah. As a result, that person might withdraw from the congregation or not fully support arrangements for Jehovah’s worship.

My thought:Jehovah is WT’s puppet, Jehovah=WT POPES

PARAGRAPH 11

11 We become too self-centered. The prophet Jonah had a problem with Jehovah’s merciful decision regarding Nineveh. (Jonah 4:1-3) Why? He apparently became too concerned about losing face when his proclamation of destruction did not come true. Jonah allowed concern over his reputation to overshadow any compassion he should have felt for the repentant Ninevites. Could we likewise become so self-centered that we become “enraged against Jehovah” for not bringing the end sooner? If we have been preaching for decades that Jehovah’s day is close, could we start to become impatient with Jehovah when others criticize us for proclaiming what the Bible says?2 Pet. 3:3, 4, 9.

My thought: It’s your fault they got it wrong with 1914 ,you are being self centered…

PARAGRAPH 15

15 What if we have a negative attitude toward our fellow worshippers? Under such circumstances, our relationship with Jehovah can be affected. (1 John 4:20) When the Israelites questioned Aaron’s appointment and position, Jehovah viewed that action as murmuring against Him. (Num. 17:10) Similarly, if we were to start grumbling and murmuring about those whom Jehovah is using to direct the earthly part of his organization, we could by inference be complaining about Jehovah.—Heb. 13:7, 17.

My thought : Pure vomit…

How do you sit through such an article without blowing a gasket I don't know .How could you answer in a way that you tell the TRUTH without getting into trouble? What do you think?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When the Israelites questioned Aaron’s appointment and position, Jehovah viewed that action as murmuring against Him. (Num. 17:10) Similarly, if we were to start grumbling and murmuring about those whom Jehovah is using to direct the earthly part of his organization, we could by inference be complaining about Jehovah.

The difference being--at least according the the Bible account--there was clear evidence that Jehovah actually chose Aaron. There is nothing but evidence to the contrary that Jehovah has anything at all to do with the leadership of the WTBTS.

This is just another of their attempts to conflate themselves with Jehovah in the minds of their followers.

Mind-Control 101.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Similarly, if we were to start grumbling and murmuring about those whom Jehovah is using to direct the earthly part of his organization,

we could by inference be complaining about Jehovah..

Translation:

"Don`t complain about the WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes!"

..........I Don`t Just Look Goofy..I Am Goofy!!..

.................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's interesting how the GB has recently taken to constantly reminding their followers who they are:

- GBM = Governing Body Member = Great Bowel Movement

How often did Jesus remind his followers that he was the Son of God?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Agreed, pure cult vomit. It's all about them and their shameless self-aggrandisement, worshipping the idol organisation, the GB, and shoring up unquestioned submissiveness and obedience to them as the channel of all divine light. Is there any mention of Jesus at all?

This focus on the organisation and loyalty to its leadership is a constant theme in Watchtower study articles. The GB love lording it as kings in their earthly kingdom cult.

Warning Signs that You are in a Cult

If you suspect the group you are in is harmful, but are not sure, ask yourself these questions:

• do they claim to have a special corner on the truth, something no other groups has?
    • are you told to not question what is being taught, as the leadership are godly, honest, have divine authority and you must trust them?
    • are you discouraged from asking questions as to why members have left, and expected to accept the reasons the group leadership gives you?
    • do they put down other churches, groups, etc, while pointing out their faults and errors to build themselves up? do they use peoples faults and sins as examples of what to do and what not to do?
    • are you made to feel your failures, as though your performance is not up to par to their righteous standards?
    • do they recommend for you to be around their people, expecting you to attend all group activities? if you do not, are you are questioned about your spirituality or dedication?
    • do they stop you from reading anything negative about themselves?
    • do they call those who fall away enemies, dogs, or cancer, even using examples from the Bible or other such materials?
    • do they place and emphasis on evil and the devil, declaring that the world outside is a threat to the group?
    • do they defend themselves in every area?
    • do they give importance to a spiritual goal, such as enlightenment, godliness, salvation, that has no real tangible way of being measured?
    • do they operate in humility, or seem arrogant, and make demands on you to obey, using such statements such as “real believers obey without question or if you really were a devoted follower you would do such and such"?

Be aware of:

• an instant bonding or friendship without even knowing you
    • being told you have a special calling or potential and that if you join you will move further ahead; flattery is used often in cults
    • when you ask questions about the history of the group, the answers are vague or avoided altogether
    • feeling that something is being hidden from you

Cults will always divide the family unit instead of bringing them together. They will make you choose between God and their church. They use scriptures such as: "Jesus came to bring a sword, not peace" or "one must give up brothers, sisters, wife, and house for the kingdom and be a true follower". Children often become the most hurt because of strict rules enforced on them. They lose their childhood and are deeply affected, being unable to adjust later on in life. Religious systems that are not balanced can be socially and psychologically disastrous for innocent children.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

great post Yadda Yadda

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I just finished re-reading today's WT article and I just wanted to cry after each paragraph. Oh, how cunning they are. I wonder how long they've been planning on releasing these articles--from the New Light, to this one? It just fits their own gloves perfectly.

Everything is just so cleverly laid out...

Notice, also, how each paragraph almost always has that question at the end. Questions to make the reader not ONLY think, but to make them doubt themselves, lower their self-esteem, and tell themselves that "yes, I agree with the WT. I should not do this, this is bad. I must really exert more effort. It's my fault." The question-technique being effectively used in Bible "studies" are also working on them, without their knowledge.

I feel sorry for those who become more depressed or feel more guilty because of the way this article was written.

The article can be summarized into:

1) "Never doubt Jehovah." = How dare you doubt the Watch Tower? The very discreet organization that has been feeding you all this ***p.

2) "Remember that Jevovah does not cause our problems."= We don't care really. It's either your fault or Satan's. The GB is here to let you know that.

3) "Do not allow negative speech to affect you." = Do not listen to those who think.

4) "Do not neglect your relationship with Jehovah." = Never stop attending meetings and field service, or else..

5) "Do not become self-centered." = Do not think. Just obey us; that is your obligation.

I almost attended today's meeting but due to some circumstances I ended up not going. Well, if I did go, I would have rolled down my seat or gone out the entire session because of this drivel. How they blatantly use God's name to fit their delusion is just very sad. And I was a part of it.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I am not going tomorrow... this is pure vomit and I am not even touching that with a 1000-foot pole

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I didn't attend today--so I guess they will think that I am enraged against God??

I don't care what they think now.

I still believe in the honest, kind and loving God, who I hope really knows what is in my heart.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What a stupid title. They seem almost to be suggesting transferring anger to Jehovah from elsewhere. Away from themselves perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit