HELP! Can God SEE the future?? How?? Is this predestination??

by Bloody Hotdogs! 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Madgiant makes the point: if the Bible can't be clear, how can anyone who goes by it be dogmatic? Can the bugs in my back yard theorise why I mow the lawn? If there is a God, He/she/it would be completely inscrutable by humans.

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Thanks for the help guys! The way my opponent went red in the face at my inability to understand, I thought maybe I was missing something. This person was adamant that choosing not to look, but having the ability to look, eliminates predestination. Yikes.

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

Not familiar with JW interpretation of God's omniscience, but one thing that helped me with this same issues was a quote by C.S. Lewis from "The Screwtape Letters", "Watching someone do something is not the same as making them do it."

The way I see it, God is outside of time and space (these are part of the created order) so he sees all (past, present, future). A very primitive way of thinking about it is when we look at a 3 panel cartoon. We can see all the parts at once, scanning them in order to see the story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit