Barbara Grizzuti Harrison dies at 67

by Dogpatch 22 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

dogpatch,

Thank you for informing us. I remember reading her book, Visions Of Glory, way back when. I believe it was in the mid 80's.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family,and friends She'll be remembered by many, many people.

peace,
    somebody

• sf
    sf

A great loss.

sKally

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

All my love to her family.

And much peace and happiness to Barbara and Arnold...finally.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I'm deeply saddened to hear this, Randy. Barbara gave an insight of the inner-workings of the Watchtower's headquarters from a female's point-of-view that was ground-breaking.

I would like to publicly thank you for providing me with her telephone number so I could have the opportunity to spend an hour or so speaking with her a few weeks ago. Although I could tell she was seriously sick, she was still articulate, witty, extremely modest and very much a lady. She invited me to stay with her should I ever visit New York again. I very much regret losing that opportunity.

Farkel

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thank you Randy. Last year I was able to get her email address, and we corresponded for a while, though I think her health was really fading at that time. Her mother's closest friend, and one of Barbara's best friends as a young Witness, are still Witnesses and in the congregation I was an elder in for many years. So we had a few things - including writing - in common.

By a strange coincidence I found a copy of her "An Accidental Autobiography" in a used bookstore within a day or so of when we first began emailing. I was again astonished at what a wonderful narrative touch she had. I have read her "Visions of Glory," a few times, including several years when I was still an elder. I found her work very moving and accurate. I'm glad you have it available on-line.

She was far too young to die, and my sympathy goes out to her family and friends. She was a remarkable talent.

S4

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Thanks for posting this Randy. And for also letting us know how serious her condition was and that we could contact her in the short time she had left. I had a chance to correspond with her and tell how much her book meant to me. She was a fine author, and a fearless lady for sharing so much of herself in "Visions of Glory."

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Randy, is there a way to get a messege to her family? I would like to send my condolences.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

Randy: Why not send a copy of this thread to her family? Honest, sincere comments are a lot more meaningful than formal condolences.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Thank you for posting the news Randy. It is truely sad to hear. Life is indeed much too short. May her family find peace through this trying time.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

How very sad.
    Thanks Randy for posting the news.
    (((((((((((((for her loved ones)))))))))))))))

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html
    http://my.cybersoup.com/wierdchit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit