new video on jw.org about world headquarters

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

OK so I watched the video and at about 07:25 the brother says that building 1.5 million square feet of construction in less than 4 years will not be done without jehovahs spirit.

is that such a big deal 1.5 million square feet in 4 years?

merch mart in chicago took less than 2 years to build 4 million square feet. Did they have jehovahs spirit too? And in 1930 to boot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_Mart

John W Griffiths and sons were the contractors

the pentagon 6.5 million square feet 2 years to build

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

the R&F eat that stuff right up

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

They love patting themselves on the back and standing in figurative cirle jerks with each other...

And to think I was in the first video they did on the Org... It's not shown anymore thank God!

• hoser
    hoser

which vid is that ray?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

"Jehovah's Witnesses- The Organization Behind The Name"

It was such a mouthful to say. It was the first video they ever released for order at the Kingdom Hall in 1989, on VHS tape and I was at Brooklyn Bethel then whikle the guy and his family were filming it so nearly everybody there then was in it somewhere.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for mentioning the new video hoser!

Witnesses pay no attention to the accomplishments of others. The GB thinks (or just says) that everything THEY do is backed by Jehovah's spirit and only what they accomplish counts.

Ray- i really liked the organization video. It focused alot on the printing and binding-always was my favorite aspect of Bethel.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

hahaha what a joke. Steven Lett said "we are buying and selling properties and we are not materialistic Jehovah guided us"

Thats all it is MATERIALISTIC

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

These are sure snake oil salesmen . Fake humilty practiced for a lifetime .

Trying to emotionally appeal to members to support this cult compound .

I am equaly supremely confidant that the noodly appendage of the Pastafarian diety

will bless this historic work .

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

The GB love the 100's of brothers helping and seeing Jehovah's spirit bless the building of their retirement homes.

I think I am going to get reinstated and become annointed and tell the GB Jehovah has blessed the additon of a woman to the GB this is new light because I know this as I am annointed. Some circular reasoning there.

Anyone think it will work?

• cedars
    cedars

First thought - whenever a Governing Body member speaks it's "we this" and "we that" in reference to their position. They just love creating that distinction for themselves at any opportunity.

Second, and more obvious, is the way "Jehovah's spirit" is credited with so much throughout the film, most notably to them getting their building permits through on time. Jehovah could be using his spirit to save human lives from natural disasters and wars but noooooooooooooo! It's more important that he uses it to help a publishing company in New York build a new headquarters when they already have one.

Third, notice how Guy Pierce bends over backwards to drive home how the move to Warwick is in response to Jehovah's direction...

"Well we see Jehovah's direction in the procedure from the beginning to where we are now."

Uh, really brother Pierce? What about the 127th Annual Meeting in 2011 when you said...

"Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick, we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there.”

These latter words were printed in August 15th, Watchtower 2012 (pp.16-19) - so Brother Pierce, you were either lying in this video or lying at the Annual Meeting. Which is it?

This is point is driven home by Sanderson both immediately after Pierce speaking and once again at the end of the video when Sanderson (I am growing to dislike him) says...

"Everyone is putting 100% into this to accomplish this purpose of Jehovah to move the headquarters."

Yes, of course it's Jehovah's will that you move your headquarters. The fact that you have made 1.2 billion from doing it is just a small bonus.

Ugh, if I sound apoplectic at these smug charlatans, it's because I am.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit