• ILoveTTATT
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked with thanks to Splash

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Splash: That'll do for now.

Splash, do you actually have more of these changed teachings saved up? It's already an impressive list !!

• Splash
    Splash
    SV Splash, do you actually have more of these changed teachings saved up? It's already an impressive list !!

I have a document which I have built up over time, it's now approaching 130 pages long of non-stop flip-flops. This is why you will see me post these type of flipflops into various threads from time to time, when they are relevant - I think it's good to expose the unstable basis of the WT faith for what it is, a never ending sequence of new ideas and reversals, promoted to look like Biblical teachings.

I see from my post here two years ago that this document has nearly doubled in size since then!
    When any topic comes up I research to see what we used to believe, but major credits also have to go to jwfacts.com, Ray Franz (CoC) and these forum members.

Every WT that comes out these days adds another line to the document - the WT is going through a huge doctrinal metamorphosis.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thank you I loveTTATT and Splash, your researches are much more important than the flip-flopping doctrines they record.

What they say is that any interpretation of the Bible contains nothing certain on which we can base beliefs.

The whole of the NT was about getting a saviour cult established in a market already saturated in saviours. As an example of how it must have been: Did Christ have a beard or not (who cares!) well if you were talking up your new saviour cult two thousand years ago to a Roman, then your Jesus saviour would not have a beard since the then familiar Mithras was the young unshaven Good Shepherd, god-man saviour. The same with the recent past; in the fifties beards were still symbols of the great unwashed (Except for Van Amberg, GB member and treasurer who had a beard until his death in 1947ish). So the society looked for and found reasons not to depict JC with a hairy chin. When their reasoning looked thin, they changed to a hirsute Jesus.

There is one summary point which strikes me reading these lists of official doctrinal drivel, it is this: how can a committee of men in New York sit down at a table and determine among themselves what will be eternal truths which they will publish and foist on their ignorant and submissive flock?... And you must believe it on penalty of excommunication! What a charade!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit