Presentation - FredPotato

by fredPotato 5 Replies latest jw friends

• fredPotato
    fredPotato

Hi to all!

I'm a still 'active' JW living in southern Brazil.

I was born to JW parents so I had been raised as such. My father has been a JW since he was little but my mother became one after they got married.

I have been following lots of websites dedicated to exposing the lies that lie () behing the WT curtain. I want to share my experiences and thoughts with others while I seek to rescue my entire family from the WT organization.

My entire family is inside this cult as is my wife's family; all good-standing. I myself am seen as good-standing and am being encouraged to increase my door-to-door activites in order to be indicated as a ministerial servant.

I'm still actively participating in activities along other JWs (going out for a movie or a restaurant, travelling together...)

I'm still with my stealth mode on!

My biggest concern, and the reason for not having dropped already, is to be shunned by my family as they are really devout. If any of you guys have suggestions on how to better approach them with 'sensitive' material, I'd be thrilled to be enlightned!

I have always had good confidence of being in the 'thruth', but sometime ago it just became clear to me that something was wrong.

I think that the turning point for me was when we started seeing the 1995 generation teaching changes, the credit-card payment option at assembly halls, the imposed change of the song book (which by the way suck bad in Portuguese; the previous songs were written by a brother who was a composer and a kind of a poet; this new one is simply bad) AND finally the dawn of mass communication via our beloved Internet!

Keen to participate as much as I can on the forum. As soon as I get more time, I'll post more detailed info on my story... man I've got stories to tell..

Cheers!

• clarity
    clarity

Freddy ...glad to see you on here, welcome!

>

Looking forward to hearing more.

clarity

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

You know its a scam man, so stay cool. Its cool to be cool Potatoe...

insot4

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome.

Make sure to make use of the search function on this forum

4.2 Million posts a treasure trove of inside info

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

Welcome! Are you planning on going to any of the World Cup games? I saw Brazil and Sweden play in 94. Great team!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome FredPotato. Many understand the need to keep up appearances for family communications.

Many of them reduce their Watchtower activity slowly so that family gets used to it. They start missing meetings and they do very little "field service," even pretending sometimes- go to the beach or coffee shop after the first short time with the group.

For many of us, that slow "fade" can lead to complete absence from meetings. For others, it might not go that far. Try to get out of "assignments" of all kinds at the Kingdom Hall and try to schedule some fun things for you and your wife to help miss meetings or recruiting. If you have kids, encourage them to think for themselves and to find normal activities outside of Jehovah's Witness stuff.

Ask plenty of questions- people here will be glad to help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit