This may help some JWs to think..

by UBM101 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UBM101
    UBM101

Just sharing this from an email I received:

“Most JW's will admit they have been wrong about past dates. I ask them "How many JW's left because of those wrong predictions?" Usually they will say that many "weaker ones" left because their faith was suspect. I then point them to this scripture:

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! (Matthew 18:6, 7 NIV)

So, the organization that causes people to stumble, due to their false "predictions" has a millstone tied around their neck. Why would you want to follow such an organization? My father was embarrassed when I showed him that passage.”

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Indeed! Both Jesus and Paul seemed to say that each Christian had a responsibility to not stumble someone else. It was not a matter of "Well, if you're weak and don't understand why it's okay for me to eat meat offered to a false god, that's your problem". You had to consider how your actions could affect someone else's faith, even if they were "weak".

Interestingly, JWs are strongly encouraged to follow this advice when it comes to letting themselves be trodden on in the name of forgiving and forgetting wrongs done to them by brothers, and when it means not watching/reading certain entertainment, but the organization itself doesn't seem to have to be concerned with how any of its actions (*cough*UN NGO*cough*) might stumble others.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Good stuff UBM101, That might just wake up your Dad..

insot4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit