Six extra Jehovahs!

by slimboyfat 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am pretty sure the search only includes the text. So if five extra Jehovahs are in the OT, that would leave one extra Jehovah in the NT somewhere.

Jgnat, Christ has gone down from 532 to 529, so a little bit but not enough to account for the all rise of Jesuses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

By the way, good stuff OUTLAW and rebel.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"If you remember from Annual Meeting, Brother Lett explained that Jehovah's name was added to the revised edition 6 times. Here they are:

Judges 19:18
    1 Samuel 2:25
    1 Samuel 6:23
    1 Samuel 10:26
    1 Samuel 23:14
    1 Samuel 23:16"

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/11818-grey-bible/

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I'm having a hard time finding 1 Samuel 6:23. The other five check out OK.

Hold the presses! It's 1 Samuel 6:3. (not 23)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks. None in the NT then.

• processor
    processor

I guess that one additional Jehovah and one additional Jesus is in Galatians 1:8:

However, even if an angel out of heaven or Jesus or Jehovah were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we* declared to you, let him be accursed.

*) "we"; LXX: "the faithful and discreet slave"; BSy47X: "the Watchtower Society"

• Earnest
    Earnest

Judges 19:18

NWT 1953

In turn he said to him: "We are passing along from Bethlehem in Judah to the remotest parts of the mountainous region of Ephraim. That is where I am from, but I went to Bethlehem in Judah, and it is to my own house [see Footnote] that I am going, and there is nobody taking me on into the house".

Footnote : "To my own house," LXX. Compare verse 29. "To Jehovah's house," MSy. But as L. Koehler says in Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros (Koehler-Baumgartner), in some cases the Hebrew suffix y [meaning "my") may be mistaken to mean YHWH (God's name), that is to say, Jehovah, as here; and, reversedly, YHWH may be mistaken to mean the Hebrew first person singular pronoun y (''my''), as at Jeremiah 9:6. Vg, "to God's house."

NWT 1984

In turn he said to him: "We are passing along from Bethlehem in Judah to the remotest parts of the mountainous region of Ephraim. That is where I am from, but I went to Bethlehem in Judah; and it is to my own house that I am going, and there is nobody taking me on into the house".

NWT 2013

He replied: "We are traveling from Bethlehem in Judah to a remote area of the mountainous region of Ephraim, where I am from. I went to Bethlehem in Judah, and I am going to the house of Jehovah [see Footnote], but nobody is taking me into his house".

Footnote : Or possibly, “and I serve at the house of Jehovah”

1 Samuel 2:25

NWT 1955

"If a man should sin against a man, God will arbitrate for him, but if it is against Jehovah that a man should sin, who is there to pray for him?" But they would not listen to the voice of their father, because Jehovah was now pleased to put them to death.

NWT 1984

"If a man should sin against a man, God will arbitrate for him, but if it is against Jehovah that a man should sin, who is there to pray for him?" But they would not listen to the voice of their father, because Jehovah was now pleased to put them to death.

NWT 2013

"If a man should sin against another man, someone may appeal to Jehovah for him [see Footnote]; but if a man should sin against Jehovah, who can pray for him?” But they refused to listen to their father, for Jehovah had determined to put them to death.

Footnote : Or possibly, “God will arbitrate for him.”

1 Samuel 6:3

NWT 1955

To this they said: "If YOU are sending the ark of the God of Israel away, do not send it away without an offering, for YOU should by all means return to him a guilt offering. Then it is that YOU will be healed and it must become known to YOU why his hand would not turn away from YOU.”

NWT 1984

To this they said: "If YOU are sending the ark of the God of Israel away, do not send it away without an offering, for YOU should by all means return to him a guilt offering. Then it is that YOU will be healed, and it must become known to YOU why his hand would not turn away from YOU.”

NWT 2013

They replied: “If you send the ark of the covenant of Jehovah the God of Israel away, do not send it back without an offering. You should by all means return to him a guilt offering. Only then will you be healed, and it will be made known to you why his hand has not turned away from you.”

1 Samuel 10:26

NWT 1955

As for Saul himself, he went to his home at Gibeah, and the valiant men whose heart God [see Footnote] had touched proceeded to go with him.

Footnote : "God," MVgSy; "Jehovah" (Kyrios), LXX.

NWT 1984

As for Saul himself, he went to his home at Gibeah, and the valiant men whose heart God had touched proceeded to go with him.

NWT 2013

Saul also went to his home in Gibeah, accompanied by the warriors whose hearts Jehovah had touched.

1 Samuel 23:14

NWT 1955

And David took up dwelling in the wilderness in places difficult to approach, and he kept dwelling in the mountainous region in the wilderness of Ziph. And Saul kept looking for him always, and God [see Footnote] did not give him into his hand.

Footnote : "God," MVgSy; "Jehovah," LXX

NWT 1984

And David took up dwelling in the wilderness in places difficult to approach, and he kept dwelling in the mountainous region in the wilderness of Ziph. And Saul kept looking for him always, and God did not give him into his hand.

NWT 2013

David stayed in the wilderness in places difficult to approach, in the mountainous region of the wilderness of Ziph. Saul searched for him constantly, but Jehovah did not give him into his hand.

1 Samuel 23:16

NWT 1955

Jonathan the son of Saul now rose up and went to David at Horesh, that he might strengthen his hand in regard to God [see Footnote].

Footnote : "God," MVgSy; "Jehovah," LXX

NWT 1984

Jonathan the son of Saul now rose up and went to David at Horesh, that he might strengthen his hand in regard to God.

NWT 2013

Jonathan the son of Saul now went out to David at Horesh, and he helped him find strength in Jehovah.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm glad to read jehovah can afford a house. many in the UK cant

ang on--jehovah is a spirit--why does he need a house?. i thought he lives in the sky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit