The Real Aftermath of the AGM...

by raymond frantz 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I don't care old man... I want my new Bible right now !!!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i forget which thread it was, but i person posted on here about how her husband had to take a sick family member home, the tried to get a bible for her, and they were total nazi's about it and would not allow him to take one for her, and it didnt matter that she was there and had to go. or maybe they were not sick, but had to go for some reason. and this is exactly what came to my mind, how they are drawing a clear line in the sand. i mean its clear from Loches talk that you cant be considered a real JW if you talk about anything other than JW stuff. there is simply no room for anything other than full 100% watchtower thinking in all ways. no sports, no entertainment, no anything. its getting to a degree that i didnt see coming. its going the way of Scientology. these new GB members are real cult leaders, while GB 1.0 seemed more like misguided men.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If you are hearing a few cases of this outloud, there is plenty more that feel this way and are not voicing their concern.

This might be a good time to capitalize on this disharmony between the ones invited to the AGM and the ones that were not invited.

If some of you out there could only create a good video bringing out the issues that some ones the members in good standing were not invited to attend the AGM.

Any good angles you can think of?

NJy

• zeb
    zeb

With peoples service so flippantly discarded by the wts they have added a new strata to the jw. these are the insulted disregarded class. And for every one person who is outspoken there will be five that will agree.

Read only wt stuff eh mr Loche? There is an old Jewish proverb: "The rabbi that praises his own words will have a congregation of one"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

We got our new Bibles which was a total surprise to me. I expected that only those at Stanley Theatre would receive their personal copy. Then as the attendants were passing the Bibles, there was a pause, and we sang a song, then resumed sitting listening to the announcements that the Bethel family would have theirs delivered to their Rooms. This is when the local Attendants appeared with boxes and distributed them to our crowd. We had to hide them, though as we left, so that the next group wouldn't be aware of the surprise. It was a well kept secret.

Sorry Raymond, that you didn't get to attend.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I visited an elderly sister (70s) yesterday to assist her with something, and she was raging that not only had she not been told about, and invited to watch the video of the AGM, but more importantly, there now seemed to be special ones in the cong who have got a new version of the Bible, while we don't!

I tried to calm her by saying that my wife and myself had been invited, but declined, because we knew about the new Bible, and didn't think it was necessary to go on a 4 hour round-trip and sit listening to speakers for 3 hours - just to be handed a new translation which we will acquire soon enough!

She's still disgusted though - good!!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I would have been raging if I hadn't been invited , I got angry enough when the Proclaimers book was released, anyone know excatly where the UK venues were?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Our 'special delegates' went to Hayes Bridge Assembly Hall.

The meeting was around four hours long plus the travelling.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit