If you told anyone what the AGM was about before it was screened in their cong, you could DIE!

by Julia Orwell 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Julia Orwell:

I get so sick of them using the "imperfection" card. This excuse is just too worn-out and is intended to absolve them of any responsibility, on an individual or collective level. Well, they'll have to forgive your imperfection also. Right?

I also notice it's okay for your name to be slandered. You just have to "forgive" their imperfection and not be so sensitive. But, yet a simple question by you about the religion is construed as "slander" by somebody there.

There is no winning with these people.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Julia:

Good point. How the hell do you make kids sit for 3 hours?

As any born in will know from experience, you beat them, darling. You also pinch and threaten and shame.

• caliber
    caliber

I also notice it's okay for your name to be slandered. You just have to "forgive" their imperfection and not be so sensitive. But, yet a simple question by you about the religion is construed as "slander" by somebody there.

I once had an experience , where a Circuit overseer came to my house with one of the elders over an issue about my children.

Anyway he said "There is no need to slander the Elders over this "

I said "excuse me" ..did you just call me a liar ?

CO "No.. what do you mean" ? he said

me "You called me a slander " "Isn't a slander really a liar ? ..Let me go get my dictionary .. we'll look the meaning up "

CO "Lets not get into fighting over words"

me Well we call Satan a slander ... is that an important word to remember or not ?

He actually wouldn't let me read the dictionary definition... but to them any "negative talk " or anything that puts them in a bad light

is considered to be slandering their good name... it is an untouchable no no.. I fact that your words are true does not enter the picture.

He said "if the Elders apologize to you.. will you forget this whole thing and not talk about it ?

Me "absolutely ... because to acknowledge issue was all I wanted in the first place ... not that my question be excused or ignored, so that

in frustration I expressed some negative thoughts to some others also involved in this issue ."

He seemed in doubt so I held out my hand to shake his , (his eyes were as big as saucers )and I said "you have my word of honor , your apology is accepted I will not speak one more word about this again."

and so it is I still have not shared the details of the issue in question , even now

• VM44
    VM44

Defintion o fslander (noun).

1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

Many JWs do not understad the meaning of the word.

They think ANY negative statement about a person is slander even if it is true.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VM44:

Yes, you are right. JWs wrongly believe any unflattering thing said means slander. But, if it's true it isn't slander.

On a related point though: JWs are notoriously hypocritical about gossip. If you are not popular, these busybodies feel they have immunity and can say whatever they want. By their own standard: are they guilty of slander??

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

To that same jw who pm'd me on fb earlier in this thread, when she earlier accused me of intense negativity when I posted some facts about YHWH, historical facts, thugs frm jw.org and bethel and wt quotes, I said, "facts are neither positive nor negative. They just are." And I think that just about sums the matter up. Facts can be used to SUPPORT an affirmative or negative argument, but in themselves they are neither positive nor negative.

Interestingl, the jw on the op who said keeping the agm secret was a matter of life and death, unfriended and had a big go at another jw who posted pics of the new bible from her agm before all the locations in the world where finished with theirs. Seriously, Jehovah must have bigger things to worry about than some doey jw putting bible pics on Facebook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit