Watchtower Farms Cemetery

by Gorbatchov 29 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Here I lay all broken hearted.

I wasted my life serving the Watchtower.

Now I'm departed.

• soutx
    soutx

Yep, the "Launching Pad" I saw the name of one guys that was at the Farm in the early 80's, when I was there. Younger guy, must have died right after I left.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millions now living will never die ... just no one on that list!

That list reads like a "Who's Who" of people that were supposed to never die!!!

What went wrong?

Thanks for posting this Gorbatchov!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Barber, Carey W.
    b. Jul. 4, 1905 d. Apr. 8, 2007

And he STILL didn't get to see Armageddon and no one has survived into the "new earth."

"The countdown that has proceeded for some six millenniums now nears its zero hour. So close is it that people who were alive in 1914, and who are now well along in years, will not all pass off the scene before the thrilling events marking the vindication of Jehovah's sovereignty come to pass" The early members of this group are now in their 60's or 70's or older. Jehovah did not allow the ingathering of this group to begin too soon. The "great crowd," including many of the earliest members thereof, will survive into the "new earth." - Survival into a New Earth (1984) p. 184-185

Evidently not!

"Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world." - Reasoning from the Scriptures (1989) p. 200

Change "some" to "none."

- It's a cult! -

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I noticed a man and woman in thier mid 30's with the last name of Rodriguez both died in 1997. Must have been a married couple who were in some sort of accident maybe?

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

See also this thread, it used to have pictures but i don't see them now.

• Listener
    Listener

Unfortunately, the magazines and books that these guys spent so much of their time making are obsolete. What a waste of time.

• kaik
    kaik

I have noticed that there are many individuals who lived to 100. I wonder what diet, lifestyle they had that lived that long. Do they worked hard physically? Also I see couple youngster in their 20's.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

No special diet, just good clean living.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Back when Mrs. Zahut and I were first married, there was this really nice, up with the times, well to do middle aged couple from our congregation that sold everything and went to Bethel. He was tall and quite a dynamo,booming deep voice, bald on top and had this outstanding salt and pepper moustache that dominated his whole face and was a really distinguished looking in a Teddy Roosevelt way. She was really really pretty, had a really pleasant voice, nice soft blonde hair and bright blue eyes and just so very elegant. Everyone thought the world of them. They used to get a big welcome when they'd return to our area in the summer for the D.C. each year. Their first year home he didn't have his trademark moustache anymore which was quite a shock apparently he was told to get rid of it.

The years went by and we never heard from them again. I often wondered what happened to them and if they were still at Bethel or even still alive. After reading this post yesterday, I scanned the list of those buried on the Watchtower grounds but didn't see them listed. I decided to google their names and located them within minutes. She is 85 and living in a small town about 45 minutes away from here. Sadly, he died several years ago. I was able to "Google Earth" their address and actually zoom in on their home. It turns out she is living in an older single wide mobile home in a small trailer park next to a busy 6 lane highway. I even found her phone number and was tempted to call her, but what would I say? Would she even remember me ? Is she being taken care of properly?

This is the second older couple I've known from my past that went into full time service for the organization and ended up living in an old mobile home. The other old couple I know is in their late 70's and lives in a County subsidised trailer park. He is a driver and she is doing retail because they don't have enough social security to live on and no retirement savings. Thankfully this 2nd old couple remain cheerful but I can't help think that it must be quite difficult for them to get up on these cold dark mornings and face the daily grind knowing they have nothing to fall back on and have to keep going till they drop.

Why is there no safety net for these people from the wealthy Organization they sacraficed everythig for? This makes me incredibly sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit