Who Will Be The Next Member Of The Governing Body To Defect From The Corporation?

by frankiespeakin 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

None of them strike me as having sufficient conscience, integrity, courage, ethics, honesty, or intelligence.

They just don't make them like Ray anymore.

Then again I haven't the stomach to look hard enough at the apostate Pharisees in the Sanhedrin to seek out the tiniest of redeeming features.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They just don't make them like Ray anymore.

The world and the cult has changed tremendously. Anyone who's got one ounce of intellectual honesty will have their crisis of conscience much earlier due to the abundance of available information. Ray defected after doing years of research that today would only take a few days or weeks to put together today. The result is that even though I'm sure there are men like Ray Franz that will pass through the cult in the future one way or another, none of them will stick around long enough to make it very high in the org.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Interesting points Cold Steel re the Truth about the Mormons. One should be able to discover the Truth be it the Mormon Church or the WTBTS. However rational ignorance is also at play.

"when the cost of educating oneself about the issue sufficiently to make an informed decision can outweigh any potential benefit one could reasonably expect to gain from that decision, and so it would be irrational to waste time doing so."

Believers are usually not disposed to look into things that would cast their faith into question.

• sir82
    sir82

None of them strike me as having sufficient conscience, integrity, courage, ethics, honesty, or intelligence.

Add to that, their undoubted cynicism.

If someone were to "defect", he'd be on the street, with no support from anyone he'd ever known in his life, no home, no job, no money, no pension, no health insurance, heck, after a lifetime in the "special order", not even any Social Security benefits.

You'd better believe that all of them are quite aware of that fact.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

These days they probably make a concerted effort to keep guys like Franz out.

Their efforts have proved successful.

Today they don't have enough talent to write anything but children's books and cartoon stories.

Doc

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Common guys this is the Pinky Ring club now. Even if one didn't agree he'd probably just suck it up and go with the flow.

Why give it all up? They're in a "club", they'll be getting apartment type houses at Tuxedo once it's completed. Things are a lot different in Ray Franz day. Who knows, maybe none of them agree on the doctrines but all agreed to keep appearances and enjoy what they have!

In Franz day people had more character. They actually cared about people and wanted to some what do the right thing. Today, it's all about money, inside and outside of the JW club.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I can not believe that all of them agreed on the overlapping generations fiasco. There had to be some dissent there.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Anyone would be stupid to abandon ship. It is such a lucrative business, where they receive the worship only Satan can dream of receiving! No way anyone in their right mind would leave that gig!!!

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I am 100% certain that they've implemented a stringent vetting process to ensure that a Ray Franz scenario never happens again.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I think one of them will have a bit of an awakening at some point.

I think Sanderson will go one of two ways. Full on Cult leader, or defect. He's still young enough to somewhat survive on the outside. If he wrote a book, or sold his story to a large newspaper, he would recieve a modest amount to live on.

I also think if any of them were to defect, they would have to do it in the public realm in a talk at the AGM or something, so EVERYONE would have to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit