WTF... JW Library ranks #4 in the Top (Free) Charts on Apple Store for iPhone/iPad

by undercover 22 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Checking out the Apple store for any new cool apps, and lo and behold! I see that the WTS has finally embraced that demonic form of information dispensing. And all Jah's chil'ren are snapping it up. All the reviews sound similar and fall into one of two categories: praising Jehovah, or - praising the organization.

While it's a bit surprising to see a JW app on the top charts, it is good informal apostate witnessing, so to speak. It is hoped that 'regular' non-cult influenced folk who read the reviews on this app are going to see just how nutso most dubs really are and are going to run quickly away, not only from the app, but from JWs in general.

Thanks, WTS! for allowing your sheeple's true cult colors to shine forth on the iPhone platform.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I just checked and it is #1

• undercover
    undercover

I'm willing to bet some ex-JWs are helping to push the ratings up. Downloading it to check it out, dissect it, criticize it, mock it, whatever.

I won't download it. First, don't really give a crap. Two, don't want to give em any more publicity than necessary...and jumping on the download bandwagon unintentionally does that.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Number 16 in the UK. 5 star rating after 450 reviews - all sick inducing!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Now all they need to do is add a donation feature to the app!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Just downloaded to take a look. It is actually very practical and easy to use. I can see JWs using it to look up bible verses on their mobile devices, because the navigation is very easy and fast.

Visually, it's not appealing at all. In fact pretty bland and ugly looking - but clean and sharp.

It is interesting that the reviews make it seem as if the the wheel as been re-invented. Meanwhile it is just an average app by any standards, in an age where much smaller organizations have better developed apps with incredible useful features. It seems Jehovah let the organization fall behind. :)

Interestingly as i was searching for this app, i saw a few other apps that a Jehovah Witness is selling at around $2 in order to take notes at the different conventions.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Well "WHAT'S AN APP" I say. Well I do know its a type of application for a mobile phone and that's about it. My phone can probably get the app, but I am not there yet technically.

Anyway my point. If there are so many reviews, why don't some in the xjw community put reviews on to get active JWs thinking? I would if I knew how.

• Splash
    Splash

When it was introduced by the GB it was an 'application', not an app.

Only once someone who understood this technology came on stage did we hear that it was an 'app'.

Splash

• Emery
    Emery

If they do add a "donation" option in the app, they will be rollin' in some green.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

I've left a review stating that the bible.com app is much more comprehensive and even includes audio for listening to the bible too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit