• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Got it from the Apple store already.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

... and Google Play

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I haven't really been waiting for it. Once I found out the church is wrong, I don't really care how... MORE wrong they are. LOL.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

The pictures are so pretty...lol. Michael is not in the definitions. If he is Jesus, thats a pretty important definition to list.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I found Appendix A5 rather amusing...it is their defense of inserting the name "Jehovah" into the Greek Scriptures something like 230+ times. Their arguement was underwhelming at best.

That being said, I was pretty impressed at the Apple version of the app. Being able to touch the verse in the NNWT and have ~5 different translations of that verse (including the Greek Interlinear) appear right next to it is pretty freakin' cool.

Edit: I had to laugh when the brother walked through all the apps/devices. It felt like the Apple developers conference in SF. He should have been wearing black jean and black turtleneck!

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

The apps are very impressive and I like the idea that they also include other translations...

• Witness My Fury
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Will the new app run on a Windows 7 machine?

If so, could someone post a link for download?

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm actually rather pleased with some of the stuff in this New NWT. It's kind of a blend of what a lot of other Bibles already had--footnotes/alternate renderings (and the Reference Bible had that already, but it was rather large)--with the same old JW Bible. Some of their renderings of certain verses definitely appear to have improved, though they have maintained most of the doctrinal bias. It's actually pretty--I like the gray color and the font and while I see that much of the extra stuff is recruitment-related, it's still shiny.

Of course that's in no way relevant to the truth content of the material contained therein, but it's nice, I'll admit that. I guess all the rumors were true after all, huh, about a new Bible. I suppose a project that big couldn't possibly be conducted in total secrecy. As a drama queen/door mat/lost soul searching for meaning in life after being in a cult, this sort of thing could get me interested again in reading an ancient text about a divine being who is soon to murder me without so much as a phone call.

I, too, noticed the appendix about their use of the name Jehovah. The logic remains the same, I see. But without any original copies of any of the books of the NT, how can it be assumed that the divine name was ever there? The tradition of not pronouncing it was already in place long before the time of the first-century Christians. Are we to assume based on a couple of verses in the Gospel about Jesus 'making God's name known' that they broke with that tradition? If so, why do the Gospels contain no controversy about this man who was using the name of Jehovah over and over in his teaching despite the long-standing tradition of not doing so? Oh, right, because Jesus refers to God as 'the Father'. Huh. Kind of throws you for a loop, there.

But it's a lot like a Blu-ray Disc with special features and deleted scenes, except the deleted scenes have already been deleted and there's a note telling you somebody added the scenes to the movie later by mistake. Or whatever.

I look forward to downloading the .pdf version since I'm too disloyal to Jehovah and his organization to obtain a paper copy of the New New World Translation on my own. Hey, New New World Translation? It's like Futurama or something. "Not Sure If Old New World Translation Is Now Called Old World Translation Now, Or If 2013 New World Translation Should Be Called New New World Translation".

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit