AGM - did anyone miss this?

by Anony Mous 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to the live blog: God's will to be completed by the end of the millennium. Very casually said by Louche (;-))

I think this is one of those things that is supposed to rile up the r&f. I mean, we had the same predictions last millenium (the end was going to come by Y2K). Except the end of 'this' millenium is another 80-something years away. This gives them a LOT of leeway, another 3-4 "real" generations and by then a number of new prediction and more new (gas)light(ing). But the end is ~80 years away, what is the urgency?

• wezz
    wezz

A millennium (plural millennia or millenniums) is a period of time equal to one thousand years. (from wiki)

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Wouldn't the end of the millenium be in 2999?

• prologos
    prologos

The gospel according to Louche* : that leaves 986 years to do the GT, Armageddon, the millenium, final test, filling of gehenna.

talking of "hastening the day[s]"

* louche = french canadian patoi for "something is fishy here"

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I thought maybe it was meant as century and he misspoke. I doubt he's giving the dubs an entire millenium. Louche is why I also put a smiley face there, not just in Canada, French and Dutch dialects too.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

Except the end of 'this' millenium is another 80-something years away.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

He was talking about the Millenial reign of Christ. Right? By the end of that - all god's purposes will be fulfilled.

There's enough stupid in this to see without the minutia. (is that how you spell minutia?)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

maybe they will change the thousand year reign of Christ to beginning in 1914 and the will of God is completed at the end of the thousand years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It means by the end of the thousand year reign, nothing new.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

end of the century is 80 odd years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit