BiIG AWAKE CHANGE IN THE 90's and past changes.

by ADJUSTMENTS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I remember the changes, and it also was unsettling to me. Too bad for me that I didn't see the "light" then, but stuck it out for more wasted years. Over thirty in all. Breathing fresh air now.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

The wording in the masthead was something that I took very seriously! I mean, in part, it calls this promise: "God's promise"! Well, after I realized that this organization [run by men I now know] changes "core and long-taught doctrines" and HOPES that no one will ever notice or think the worse of them. Now that I'm out, I do think it's absolutely wrong what this man-made organization does - it misleads people and THAT IS FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG! With the internet, more-and-more JWs are awakening to "TTATT" (the truth about the truth). btw: Thank you for posting this for the benefit of newer JWs who are completely oblivious to these changes and more importantly, their deception! Hopefully, they'll investigate these things for themselves. JWFACTS.COM is a great resource for any JW who wants to learn about their religion's history - the one that the WTS glosses over and re-writes for their own selfish interest! Knowledge is [indeed] POWER!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I've seen this before but after Joe emphasized it's saying God's promise, or as in the article, the "CREATORS PROMISE", I just thought of something that is dynamite to go along with this.

So the magazine put words in Jehovah's mouth saying the CREATORS PROMISE of the new world before the generation of 1914 passes away.......

After pointing out those changes as well as it saying it's the creator's promise, show whoever you're showing this to Deut 18:20-22.

However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

So the GB/WT put words in God's mouth about a promise related to 1914. According to Deut, they said what was NOT commanded by him and they must be put to death(if in bible times). And are under no obligation to listen to them.

We can wait until the whole 1914 generation is dead but since they removed that from their magazine, they admitted to not believe that anymore and having put those words in God's mouth.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome ADJUSTMENTS!

Yes, Joe, you are 100% correct,

The gb proclaims teachings as coming from the mouth of Jehovah, the truth, then keeps changing their teachings to another truth to replace the "old truth". But of course the "old truth" is not a LIE! We just should no longer believe it.

They change "the truth" so frequently.

Someone once told me that if I studied the TRUTH book with someone I'd be considerated an apostate!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Good point EndofMysteries! But if I mentioned Deut. 18:20-22 to my jw brother and pointed to the statement about 1914 in g he'd claim the scripture does not apply to that.

He is so thoroughly indoctrinated he cannot (or won't) listen to reason. It is sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit