ehh AGM Bible

by Gorbatchov 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Ehh, so the best bible translation by the only true religion is replaced by the best bible translation of the only true religion?

O my God!!!!

Gorby

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

This tickles my funny bone as well, in a sickening kind of way.

• 5go
    5go

Yep the AGM was a new bible release of the old bible.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

So are there any changes besides the color?

• nugget
    nugget

It seems to me that JWs are racing to the bottom with simplified this and dumbed down that. Is it that so many JWs are so poorly educated that they find reading the existing Bible too difficult so they have to produce an easy reader version. Or is it that they need an excuse to add paradise earth, Governing Body and heavenly hope into the text to make the flock believe that they were there all along?

I never found the old Bible that hard. Educate the flock rather than cater to the lowest common denominator. Religion should after all should be an elevating process.

And Grey as the best colour choice, I ask you. with the whole rainbow to pick from they choose the one colour that sums up their religion perfectly.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

nugget: "they choose the one colour that sums up their religion perfectly."

So the color would be described as Zombie Grey.

• nugget
    nugget

yes I think that is apt. Beige is just too colourful.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Since they no longer see a need to translate the Bible literally, would this new version fall into the dynamic equivalence category?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Who were the translators ?

" When presenting as a gift the publishing rights to thier translation, The New World Bible Translation Committee requested that it's members remain anonymous. The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has honored their request. The translators were not seeking prominence for themselves but only to honor the Divine Author of the Holy Scriptures

Is it really a scholarly translation ?

" Scince the translators have chosen to remain anonymous, the question cannot be answered in terms of their educational background. The translation must be appraised on its own merits."

What kind of translation is this ? For one thing, it is an accurate, largely literal translation from the original languages "_____Reasoning Book page 277

Question : How can the WTS bank on accuracy if they don't know the educational background of the translators ?????

The WTS is leadin' folks by blind stupidity not by faith

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

Did they really put Governing body into the new bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit