Jesus Christ is King even before 1914 so Why the Need to...

by ProfCNJ 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

David was anointed as King long before he was actually crowned. Same principle. The "crown" of the "woman" of Rev12:1 is not a Messianic Kingdom Kingship. But it is a Kingship.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't know what is more ridiculous, to believe that a man that was crucified 2000 years ago is ruling over earth in outer space invisibly since 33AD or 1914AD. What's the diff, really?

I may as well believe that Lord Krishna really was blue and flew around performing ancient miracles as believe that Jesus has been king since the first century AD. Take your pick what ancient myth you want to believe.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

In my post # 1040 on the first page of this thread I listed verses related to Jesus becoming king. I included:

1 Tim 6:15, 16 (If applicable to Son) says he is now (at time of writing) a king. (See w05 9/1 p.27 for Society view.)

After doing further research I feel confident this verse applies to God rather than Christ. The WT's reasoning appears strained to me and runs counter to the way the wording of the verse would naturally be read.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think Crazy Guy has it right ? the WT use the "Kingdom of the Son of His love", or whatever the phrase is, as a catch-all place to send all those scriptures obviously applying in and from the 1st Century to Christ's actually ruling as King........ for some.

They then claim that 1914 was the End of the Gentile Times, as Russell claimed. If it is curtains for gentile rulership of the Earth, then a good circumcised Jew must be ruling, hence Jesus is the guy. Problem solved.

The only problem the WT really have is that there is no proof from Scripture that the Gentile Times ended in 1914. Zilch, nada, absolutely none.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit