Shunning - Not Just JWs

by Joe Grundy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmg69XmJp8

This is a documentary from Louis Theroux on his return visit to Westboro Baptist Chutch - as wacky a bunch as you'll meet. But not that different, IMHO, as jdubs.

I never was a dub, but I hope as a human that I can share their pain.

Being entirely secular here, it seems to me that some of the young ladies in the film need to experience 'worldly' love,

The comments re shunning will, I';m sure, strike home with many JWs - the crazy beliefs may strke home even more.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The FLDS do it too, even worse than the JWs I believe.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

How could they do it worse than JWs? My mother won't speak to me because SHE'S DFed and still a believer. Cult conditioning runs deep

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Captain Obvious, Wow. I haven't heard of a scenario like yours before.

((( hug )))

Joe Grundy, I tried watching the tape, but I cannot listen to arrogant, opinionated people anymore.

It is very humanitarian of you, to care about people enslaved into off the chart, crazy religions.

LoisLane

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Captian Obvious: Sorry for your pain.

One reason I posted this video is to demonstrate, perhaps, how crazy some religions can be. Many people might watch this and agree that they, and their practices, are crazy. They are a very small nutjob group. It doesn't take much imagination to scale this up to JWs and show just how crazy they are too.

With respect to exiting/fading/faded/successfully out IWs.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I ran into an old friend the other day, she hasn't set foot in a KH for over 8 years.....she still would not speak to me because I am df'd

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I would think being shunned by WBC would be a good thing!

All kidding aside, shunning is a disgusting and despicable practice. I am DF'ed and semi shunned by family, but I don't really care that much. For others, the pain of shunning can be unbearable, and to those individuals, my heart goes out to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit