http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

by DazedAndConfused 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

What is up with the site lately? First I get a basic blue site that is unoike what I have encountered before and now ai am getting a complete site but it is so small that I cannot read what the links are, and mouse-overs do not work.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I think they're having a re-design. Expect a few teething troubles.

Ignored One.

• Quotes
    Quotes

We have updated the site and used technology called "Cascading Style Sheets"; we now fear that not everyone has a proper view.

It is possible (although not certain) that what you are seeing is a result of using an older web browser (although if we had known our redesign would marginalize users of older browswers, we would not have updated; unfortunately it is too late to go back).

We also have a report of this from Scully.

Some questions you could answer, in our search for a solution:

(1) Do you connect with AOL? What version of AOL?
    (2) What Operating System do you use? Windows95? Windows98? Linux? etc.
    (3) Which browswer do you use (Netscape4.x? Netscape 6.x? MSIE4.x? MSIE5.0? MSIE5.5? MSIE6.0?

Please advise, either in this thread or via email.

Thanks.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Disposable Hero
    Disposable Hero

I had trouble yesterday getting to your site. But I just tried today and everything is working great. I am currently using netscape 6.2, and windows 95. So hopefully the site is also now working for everybody else.
    Again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU SITE.

You lie so much you believe yourself
    Judge not lest ye be judged yourself

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I'm using IE 5.5 on Win 95, and the site is unusable. The text is microscopic.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I'm using IE 5.50 and Windows ME and it's gorgeous. Still love that yellow highlighter effect!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

OK, so my text size was set to "smaller" but it's fine for other sites. Might be worth looking into anyway.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Looks good to me... I've been using the new format for a few days and like it.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Derrick
    Derrick
    We have updated the site and used technology called "Cascading Style Sheets"; we now fear that not everyone has a proper view.

That comment triggered a flashback. I'll never forget one haughty sister counselling me that there is nothing worse than not having "a proper view" on matters.

I viewed your site http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/ and it displays beautifully on my screen. I'm using IE 5.5 with Windows Pro.

Nice work!

Derrick

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

-- William Blake (Auguries of Innocence)

• Simon
    Simon

It looks great if the font size (on the browser) is set to medium but changing it seems to affect them too much:

Smaller makes them microscopic
    Larger makes them massive

Smallest / Largest are even worse.

Is it something to do with relative font sizes being used and then another relative size based on that etc... which amplifies the setting (if that makes sense) ?

- Simon

oops - forgot: IE6 / WindowsXP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit