I need help really bad!!!

by joelbear 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Hang in there Joel.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I sincerely hope the best for you. It is truly a travesty because it seems that the sweetest people suffer the most tragic of circumstances.

(((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• joelbear
    joelbear

Its become fairly clear to me through my last sessions of therapy that something is wrong with my brain from a physical standpoint.

I was not surprised that the doctor suggested manic depression as a possibility today. I think I am more manic depressive than obsessive compulsive. Reading 6 months of my posts would probably bear this out.

I go up and down, sometimes violently and sometimes within a very short period of time.

I am also looking forward to the massage part of my therapy. I think that will help me relax.

Hugs to all

Joel

PS. Englishman. They tested me for rheumatoid arthritis first thing back in January, all physical reasons for neuropathy were ruled out which is why the doctor suspects stress.

Joel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Joel,

if you suspect manic depression and would be interested in reading a firsthand account of what manic depression feels like, I would recommend reading "An Unquiet Mind" by Kay Jamison. She is one of the foremost experts on manic depression in the US, and also suffers from it. Her book is an easy read, and she is extremely candid on what she suffered before she got help with lithium. It might help you to have confidence in what the doctor suspects. It is available fairly cheap as a used book on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679763309/qid=1019764048/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_3_1/002-3228649-2561641

• Room 215
    Room 215

Joel, take heart...

The symptoms you describe may well suggest that your illness is in fact physiological, i.e. a certain chemical imbalance, many if not most of which respond really well to prescription medication.

No doubt you've heard this hypothesis before; but I've seen the right application work wonders with members of my own family.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Joel, don't give up. I'm sure that with the proper medication you will soon be feeling much better. Perhaps you might also consider seeing a holistic physician. It sounds as if many of your symptoms could also be due to some sort of nutritional imbalance.

Utilize every avenue available to you. ****HUGS*****

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Hello Joel.

I understand you are dealing with panic attacks.

What helped me through them was to remember that *I* was in control. I would not permit myself to be overcome by anxiety. Any stressful situation I would play through my head and make belief I was doing something silly like whacking my boss over the head or throwing cold water on the repairman for not being able to fix that leaky faucet. heh.

You just have to be careful because later on after you are used to using the above as a defense mechanism, you may sometimes embarass yourself by inexplicable grinning in public.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Joel,
    Since Rheumatoid Arthritis has been ruled out, have you been checked for Fibromyalgia (fm)? It affects mostly women but it is worth looking into. I thought I had arth and it turned out to be fm.

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit