"Shepherding Calls"

by mindfield 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mindfield
    mindfield

How often are these elders supposed to come visit anyway? It's been a long while since we had any elder come to our house... sure, we had some "brothers and sisters" come by to either use the bathroom while in the service or just say hi, but an elder? It's been at least a year.

Are these guys getting lazy? Or are they intentionally not visiting us because they know that I know some "dirty secrets"? That would be surprising, though... an 18 year old scaring some 2 mature elders away? But why not? These guys haven't even set foot in our home for more than a year!

How about you guys? To those who are still JW's in the technical sense, do you still have elders come visit you from time to time?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Isn't it better this way, nice and quiet? Just my opinion:)

SS

• mindfield
    mindfield

Well, it is in a way, but I'm just wondering why the heck they haven't come by. I mean, my parents are still pro-JW... why don't they get some visits?

The really weird part about this is, one of the elders is the most entrenched JW you can find. He's also a real a-hole, but that's beside the point. Why doesn't he come here? Is he avoiding something? Hmmm...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How often? I'm not sure... I haven't seen any for awhile either.

Perhaps it has something to do with the letter I sent them that ended with "Please do not attempt to contact me regarding spiritual, theological, or biblical matters. This will not be welcomed."

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I used to tell a friend who complained about the same thing if he really wanted the elders to come and visit and he would always say "no". The irony is if the elders visit you often you would complain and if they don't visit you at all you complain.

I would say count your blessings.

Path

• mindfield
    mindfield

Path... true, true... Never thought of it that way before...

Maybe it's just my chaos-loving aspect of me that's talking, but I just love arguing endlessly over details with the "a-hole" elder... it gives me refreshment... for doesn't the verse say "Drink, for the water is free"?

Hehehe...

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Why not argue with the elder in writing? Verbal conversations and debates with these guys are pointless. Make them stand by their own words. They usually will not be up to it because they really are advised against it by the Society.

Just be careful of your wording and what you say.

Path

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My hubby was an elder and all of a sudden stopped going. He even told the other elders he has issues with the organization. OK big red flag , should have came up.. apostacy. I think they know and are afraid to confront the matter. So they have stayed away. Or was it because my hubby lost his temper , last time they were here,and they were afraid he would hit 'em on top of the head??? I think they are waiting for orders from the c.o. he is due soon.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

They usually come around when the Circuit Overseer is about to visit the congregation or if he is. So that he can over your records and stuff like that. My last visit from them is hopefully the last. I told them I had no desire to return. As I was watching them leave I saw them writing something on a sheet of paper.
    My step father is an elder so i got into his elder stuff a lot when i was a teen at home.(lol0

• Quotes
    Quotes

mindfield, are you feeling lonely? :)

Beans is in Montreal this weekend; if that is near to you give him a call and he can show up and pretend to be elder for you! Then when you are done you can all smoke cigars! ;)

Email me if you want Beans' cell-phone number.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit