Am I missing something here when,,,

by label licker 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• label licker
    label licker

Romans 1:1;Philippians 1:1;1Thess 1:9;James 1:1;Jude1:1;Revelation1:1;11:18 ect,,, distinctively calls these ones slaves as well as Jesus being called the faithful Rev 5:1,2 Thess 3:3 or 1Tim1:12. Even the prophets were faithul slaves. Yet, it's only these eight weenies that say they are, making themselves kings and priests before Jesus comes again. How sad for the sheep they have not come to know the Messiah.

• label licker
    label licker

I wonder if they will take the word slave out of certain scriptures as well as faithful, oh what the heck lets go all the way and include the word discreet too! They wouldn't want those three words linked to anyone else, right?

• Rip
    Rip

I think those in position of power here (the 8 men) have sort of fobia: an unjustified fear of extinction. They are commiting sriptural mistakes of taking Jesus' parables, which were more pedagogical than prophetic, out of context and interpret them wishy washy to fit their egoistic context of being second to God if not above. Everybody (men and wemen) in the congregation/Jesus' audience of the time considered him/herself as a slave of the Master=Jesus who wanted to emphasise the point of faithfulness in serving other slaves, not necessarily meaning a position of hirarchy in an org. Proof look into the history of the church, you will not find such kind of men claiming to be......(self exaltation) we are FAITHFUL SLAVE. Jesus' fears were that under-pressure of the tribulations that he had already mentioned, a christian may become unfaithful. So he wanted to warn them not to set up a title for 8 men in Offices

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Good point on the OP. Yep — they have placed themselves as Kings already; and have unbiblically placed themselves as mediators between the sheep and Jesus. If God exists (which I don't believe he does)... they are in DEEP shit for their 'coup' in overthrowing Jesus' place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit