Does JWs hate the Military?

by AjaxMan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• maxwell
    maxwell

aTHINKING1,

That's a good question. It would seem so since the UN is called a "disgusting thing" and said to be the fulfillment of one of those bad beasts in Revelation. The UN situation is at least puzzling and perhaps blatantly hypocritical as many posters have said.

Maxwell

• larc
    larc

Maxwell,

You said that the WTS stated that they hoped that Germany would lose the war. I am not familiar with that quote, and I am not saying that they didn't say it because they have written many contradictory things. I do know that at one time, Rutherford predicted that Germany would win the war, and the Catholic Church would benefit from the victory. He also had two bomb shelters built at Beth Shan in 1938 because he thought that Germany and/or Japan would bomb the United States.

Rutherford was not very good at either religious or political predictions.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

They may claim to not hate the military, but they sure as hell don't appreciate anything the military did for them. It was the military that freed them from the German concentration camps in WW2, not the Governing Body.

For all they know, God could be using the military to keep others safe. If so, they are directly in opposition of God, which doesn't surprise me.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

AjaxMan

Based on what I read from Yadirf's thread on Alternative Service, it does give me the impression that the WTS and the Jehovah's Witnesses hate the military, and that any JW who joins the military will be DF'd.

Therefore, I post the questions if JWs hate the military? I'd like to see all your views and explanations.

Well, then you got the wrong impression from the thread that I started … even as others there did. JWs neither love nor hate the military, but are neutral with regards to the goings on of the world … the world that got its start out of the rebellion in the Garden of Eden.

JWs are very realistic people, knowing all to well that man’s system is not God ordained. All governments, save the ancient nation of Israel, have been ruled by man and not God. All nations sprang up after the original pair, Adam and Eve, decided that they wanted to rule themselves. God gave them what they wanted by putting them outside the Garden.

Eventually the nation of Egypt arose, great enough to rule the world of that day. Was Egypt ruled by God? Or did she represent man’s rule? Remember, the human race became estranged from God when Adam and Eve chose to rule themselves. So, no, Egypt ruled itself rather than being ruled by God.

Then after a time Assyria prevailed over Egypt. After that Babylon took precedence. Then Medo-Persia. Then after that, Greece. And Rome followed, by defeating Greece. Were any of those governments anything other than man ruling himself?

Since Rome, today’s world scene is ruled over by ALL the existing governments we see. The United States and Great Britain are only two of the many governments that have jurisdiction over the world of mankind. What do you think, do you suppose that ANY of the nations of our day are anything other than man ruling himself?

The sequence of rulerships are depicted in the wild beast of Revelation 13. Note that I just listed 7 such rulerships above. Note that the beast has 7 heads. Note also that the account says that somewhere on the beast there was 10 horns. For several reasons it can be determined that the 10 horns are to all be viewed as being on the 7 head, the last head in the sequence. The number 10, being that it represents the aggregate sum of a thing, stands for all the nations of earth that rule as a 7th king.

The wild beast represents man’s rule that came about as the result of the rebellion in Eden. Even as Satan was the instigator of the rebellion in Eden so likewise he is blamed for the formation of the wild beast (see verse 2 of the 13th chapter). Need I really say more?

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    BTW rrmayer or rick, thanks for posting the "Soldier's Creed".

Your welcome. It is safe to say that they would DF you for joining the military. They would not want you to belong to an organization with more values and honor then the WTS ya know.

Far as Yadirf goes, He's just plain and simply trying to trash talk anyone he can, and bash everything in site. To put it short and sweet Yadirf is an asshole

-Rick

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Far as Yadirf goes, He's just plain and simply trying to trash talk anyone he can, and bash everything in site. To put it short and sweet Yadirf is an asshole

rmayer32 or Rick only hates Yadirf because I showed the world the type of hypocrite he is. He speaks as if he takes great pride in the Soldier's Creed, but then acts completely contrary to the principles set forth therein.

Need proof? Click on the following URL, then scroll down to the 5th post: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=26333&page=5&site=3

Yadirf

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>even as others there did. JWs neither love nor hate the military, but are neutral with regards to the goings on of the world … the world that got its start out of the rebellion in the Garden of Eden.<

Yardfart is lying as usual. JW's consider the military to be agents of Satan.

The only thing yardrat is trying to do is minimize all the damage that watchtower has done to the whole world.

The WW 2 German JW's performed almost every kind of alternative service that existed---after the first few were executed. The WW 2 German JW can brag out of one side of their mouth that they wouldn't patch a shirt because it might be worn by a soldier---and then five minutes later go and clean the kitchen floor of an SS officer responsible for the executions of a hundred Jews.

Neutral my butt...

Watchtower tried to lie about it, but unfortunately JW's, threw a monkey wrench into the works by publishing their experiences themselves. Watchtower counters by saying "don't do your webistes, and don't answer any questions---let the elders do it"

Haha too late!!!

I have no problem with the WW 2 German JW's....only the lying about them the Watchtower does.

Well, they're getting away with it no longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit