Reverse Witnessing Idea...

by The Song Remains The Same 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Reading a couple of threads here about how to handle JW's when they try to witness to you, I was wondering if anyone had tried to give an everyday situation example with a couple of choices to a JW and asked them what the right answer is. Then when they have picked, show them that the WT would have given the other, more shocking, answer. What do I mean? Well...

Let's say John works someplace, and finds out that there is criminal activity going on. He learns that the bosses know, and the legal department knows too, but nobody in the company is getting the police involved. It's a cover up. Worse still, this criminal activity is having a physical impact on the workers. What should he do?

a) say nothing and just keep working there ignoring the physical danger everyone is in?

b) say nothing and quit, still leaving the workers in danger?

c) go and confront the bosses directly and demand they take action?

d) contact the police himself (or go via a 'whistleblower' hotline) to expose the criminals and get them arrested?

What would a JW say is the right thing to do in this worldly situation? Could a JW do these things in a WT setting?

I think you can see where I'm going with this, and I have a good few examples already. I'm wondering how much mileage (fun actually) I'd get if I went downtown and handed a sheet with 5 questions like this to the WT stall and asked them to complete it. Then I'd give them the WT responses on a new bit of paper and why the WT would choose each answer.

Maybe someone did something like it already, how did it go?

The Song

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I asked several in my congregation if turning in the field service (time) report was "voluntary" or "mandatory".

After what seemed like an eternity of silence, the only two different answers I got for the question were either...

(1) in between

(2) it's the arrangement

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Waste of time writing anything down for Witnesses - in the KM last week we were 'reminded' never to read other people's literature, and 'by extension', that would include anything written down which could "shake our faith". (in the GB!)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi The Song Remains The Same, Sounds like it could make a great board game like charades. You could call it CULT Classic (Quotes).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit