Paducah, KY News 6 Report

by silentlambs 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

hello waiting,

sorry to keep you waiting. lol i know i know youve prob heard that before.

im not sure what i need or want to say in response so im gonna take it piece by piece. i tend to kinda skip around sometimes--just how my brain works.

i am/was a sister since age 4. i stopped going to the meetings 3yrs ago (im 34). the major reason being that my congregation does not show the love Christ showed. and none of the surrounding congregations were comfortable for me. i have alot phy, emo problems. it is very complex. but the emo probs started about 3-4 years before i stopped going. the un-Christ-like attitudes in general and in my so called friends broke the back so to speak. i became psychotic and suicidal everytime i attended meetings. not good. because of my lack of attending meetings and not being out in service, i am inactive.

having said the above paragraph, i also feel it necessary to state that i had/have a problem with the way childabuse is handled within the congregation. i totally support and cheer for silentlambs' coming forward to bring this into the light. Jah's organization really needs to have a complete housecleaning.

i have benefited from the "herbal therapy" type of things that other sisters would tell me about. however, i believe that we should all be responsible for checking into these "therapies" for ourselves. i do not agree with the "warnings" not to have higher learning. the more informed we are the better. i also dont agree with the fact that as soon as we would start looking or applying these therapies we would hear from WBTS that this was a wrong thing to be involved in. i am one of the ones who greatly benefitted from bio-keneisiology(sp?). and of course, its not allowed. prob just cause it was doing so much good. seems the more we try to gain better health, etc, there is suddenly a warning about it. very frustrating.

about the example of "SRA" that bros/siss have experienced. i personally have found that if someone talks about their past experiences, they will find others who have those types of experiences or similiar. being that jws are advised not to be talking about such matters, it is when we break the silence and shame by talking about iit that we find others have similiar experiences. you cant and dont know about things that are not talked about.

these are my personal viewpoints. i have lived thru the above and more.

thank you for the response.

Wounded Heart

Edited by - Wounded Heart on 17 February 2001 10:29:31

• waiting
    waiting

Hey wounded heart,

Thank you for replying (larc always knows he's thanked). I'm sorry for your problems, physical and emotional. I don't have physical problems lest they be related to my background. Perhaps the jw experience didn't help in that respect.

However, due to childhood, I was looking for something solid, to give me answers, to help me choose....whatever. The WTBTS offered me this. Even then, I studied for 3 years - just did not want to commit. Finally did (they said they couldn't study with me anymore)- and the WTBTS backed up their offer. Solid answers, finally evolving into a situation where most of my decisions were based on their teachings, for good or bad. I had come to the org. looking for freedom also (raised a catholic), I ended up in an org. as thought controlled (or worse) than the one I left. I'm sure I was also looking for a family - I didn't like mine.

It's interesting the parallel between children/mates of alcoholics and persons living in a high-control group. Even after leaving the alcoholic family/marriage - they tend to go back to that situation. Incest survivors tend to marry into similar families, as do physical abuse survivors. I think that control survivors tend to do the same. We know how to react to situations if we lived them before - the desire to go back is strong, even if we don't recognize it. "Better to know the Devil than guess with God."

My mother married 5 control/alcoholics before coming to the conclusion that perhaps her choices weren't wise. After the first 4, she always wondered why this happened to her. After the 5, she went to college. First smart move she made in her personal life.

Welcome again, look forward to more chatting.

waiting

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Wounded Heart,
    I am so sorry to hear about your different problems. You are right on the money, about the Society discouraging certain health practices. And some of them are very effective. Therapy is still frowned upon by them.
    I do want to say though, that I went to a congregation where an elder and his wife practiced bio-kinesioligy (sp?). I remember the Watchtower article you are talking about. Could you tell me the issue? Or even post the appropriate parts? As I no longer have access to the magazines.
    I know I could get a subscription. But I do not want to draw any undue attention to myself from the Witnesses, as I am sure you will understand.
    Anyway, my email is open if you would like to write me personally. I wanted to send this to you privately, but your email is locked. So forgive me for having to post it here.
    TW

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

waiting,
    thank you, i too look forward to future exchanges.

Thinkers Wife,
    sorry but i dont remember which magazine it was in. i believe it was the awake tho. i was extrememly upset when the article was written. very frustrating to find help only to have it taken away so quickly. i rec the mags but only to save face for my family. and also cause ive not been back at all. it started as not being able to (phy/emo probs). it now is more because i cannot stand the hipocracy along with the problems stated in my above post.

i wish you success in finding the article. the jist of it was that, "since there are possible problems that could arise from this type of therapy....it is a 'conscience' matter..." which as any one whos been thru it knows it the way the WBTS does things to forbid without being responsible for forbidding. AUGH!!

i know i should post to say hello but am feeling shy in doing so....is it manditory? thanks in advance.

Wounded Heart

• Xandit
    Xandit

This is such a tough subject. I have personal knowledge of one case that was reported to the civil authorities who later determined that the child had flat out lied about the parent. There were a couple of different drivers but in the end the child, a teenager, admitted the whole thing.

Let me ask you, how do you deal with the kid then?

• waiting
    waiting

Xandit,

There were a couple of different drivers but in the end the child, a teenager, admitted the whole thing.

Please be so kind as to add a beginning and end to that story? This thread had to do with child sexual abuse reporting.

And it has been shown that an abused child, or abused wife, will sometimes lie many times - backing down from the abuser to save either their homes, their lives, their dignity, whatever. Sometimes the mother is very forceful in making the child backdown to the authorities against a father to save the perceived home. And the abused child becomes the liar.

It has been shown also that children are capable of lying - just to be lying also.

But I still don't understand your post.

waiting

• Xandit
    Xandit

Well Waiting I guess if I have to spell it out for you I can. Seems clear enough to me.

1. Child makes accusation of sexual abuse by parent.

2. Elders report allegations to authorities, all actions held in abeyance until determination by civil authorities.

3. Civil authorities conduct full investigaiton and determine child is lying.

4. Child admits made the whole thing up because hacked off at parent.

Question? How to deal with lying child?

That clear enough for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit