Newton versus Watchtower quackery

by opusdei1972 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The following is a Watchtower's criticism against Newton:

Down through the ages, talented scientists have indeed made surprising breakthroughs in their search for answers to puzzling questions about nature. Some, however, have also made serious errors in the process. Isaac Newton was one of the greatest scientists of all time. He showed how the force of gravitation binds the planets, stars, and galaxies into one universe. He invented calculus, a branch of mathematics used in computer design, space travel, and nuclear physics. However, Newton also pursued alchemy, a pseudoscience that used astrology and magical formulas in attempts to turn lead and other metals into gold.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20150601/limitations-of-science/

Yes, Newton was not perfect, but at least his contributions are still in use in many fields, nevertheless, there is no Watchtower prediction without fail. Also, the book (The Bible), by which the Watchtower bases its doctrine, teaches that the earth has four angles.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    They caveat their website stuff on science with calling it "true science" when they can get it to agree with their beliefs. Hardly a surprise that they're very keen to highlight the elements of scientists' work which are rejected as things move on. They confuse 'science' with 'religion'. One of them doesn't pretend to have all the answers all the time.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Newton' use the fall of an apple to illustrate the orbit of the moon is far superior to the wt use of the fruit of the forbidden tree to guild members into more work. And alchemy was misguided, but it fuels the universe now, (fusion) and gave us diamonds, gold. Newton was just limited, before his time. Whakky too, trying to calculate the beginning and end of the world from the bible.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Watchtower,

"However, Newton also pursued alchemy, a pseudoscience that used astrology and magical formulas in attempts to turn lead and other metals into gold."

This might seem ironic but Newton was an avid fan of Biblical chronology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton's_occult_studies

I wonder if the Watchtower missed that on purpose.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Love their double standard, others make errors, witnesses make new-light... out their @$$hole!

At least what Newton did could be built off of in the ever questioning and improving science, unlike religion that says today "NOW we know EVERYTHING... then tomorrow oops, NOW we know EVERYTHING... shucks missed again, engage new light, oh and we weren't wrong just refining the TROOF."

morons

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Newton was leaving the cave of ignorance. He actually discovered some real "new light."

WT leaders fear the light and prefer to remain in the mental darkness of their deep, profound ignorance.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Errr... CTR.....Pyramidology.... Numerology.... Anyone?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    I think, although I'm not sure, many years ago the WT commented in a magazine that Newton could be one of the anointed. If anyone could help with this.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Can't access the quote right now but I think they have implied his membership of that group of faithfully disposed ones through the ages that has supposedly kept the flame of truth alive through the ages for Jehovah.

• prologos
    prologos
    wolfman85:
    I think, although I'm not sure, many years ago the WT commented in a magazine that Newton could be one of the anointed. If anyone could help with this. wolfman: -- good point.Yes, he would be a good candidate. Rev.14 "----not defiled with women--" Isaac was a confirmed bachelor, and lived long before the Russel, Rutherford, Franz fiasko flourished. May be Newton and Franz were two of a kind, kind of shy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit