"I cant wait to meet Abraham!"

by stuckinarut2 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"I can't wait to meet Abraham" was the eager comment made by a young 7 year old witness girl.

When asked why, she said "because he was Jehovahs friend, and he was even willing to kill his own son!"

This comment was said with joy and excitement! She can't see the obvious issues with this?

The very premise that a sound loving god would order such a messed up act is proof that the account is ridiculous.Or the "fact" that a father in sound mind would do this??...but still, brain washed gullible young ones eat it up!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It reminded me of this great video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYvcc8ui3CM

• sir82
    sir82

I've never really understood those "I can't wait to meet [fill in the blank]" comments.

The WTS speculated, back in the late 80's, that all the resurrected folks would number some 20 billion (I think you can find that number somewhere in the "Insight" books).

Assuming that number is correct, if Abraham never slept, never ate, never did anything except talk to people who wanted to meet him, and gave each person 15 minutes, by my calculations, it would take him 570,000+ years to do so. If he did so merely 8 hours a day, it would take 1.5 million+ years to talk to everyone exactly once.

I dunno, I think my enthusiasm for meeting someone might wane if I had to wait 1.5 million years to do so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "When asked why, she said "because he was Jehovahs friend, and he was even willing to kill his own son!"

x

sir82 - "I've never really understood those "I can't wait to meet [fill in the blank]" comments."

It was a little litmus test to demonstrate one's zealousness.

It's funny; back when I was still in (and thusly still more-or-less a believer), there was one time the BS conductor - a friend of mine - asked how the group would act with regards to resurrected Biblical figures like Noah; all the kids put up their hands, and you just know what the answer would have been.

Interestingly, though, he called on me even though I didn't have my hand up. I hadn't wanted to really answer, but rather than make a scene, I said, "I'd leave him alone."

Utter jaw-dropping shock, all around (it was priceless).

I followed it up with, "Would you want complete strangers constantly walking up to you, and asking, 'what was it like? what was it like? what was it like?' over and over and over again? I'd leave him in peace; he's earned it."

The BS conductor smiled and nodded.

(Needless to say, I've always been an outside-the-box thinker.)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Abraham... the same guy who committed adultery with his house servant in order to get a child. Then booted her and her child into the desert. Yeah, I so want to me this a-hole too... NOT!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

The WT doesn't seem to have read Matt 8:11...

Matt 8:11, NIV - 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Wow......how many in jonestown ,.....sacrificed their own..sons & daughters?.. all bad. : (
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If some God told me to kill one of my children I'd tell him to go to hell.
  • antes8080
    antes8080

if I would do that to my son today, what Abrahm did I would get arrested and they would take my son away, and he is some kind of bible hero..??

good point sir82,,, has anyone done the calculation of 20-30 billion resurections divided in the 1000 years how many would be a day. logisticly it would be a nightmare.

• Half banana
    Half banana

It’s just as well most people have advanced socially and mentally since this Bronze Age Bible nonsense. It is chilling to hear a seven year old stuck in this appalling mindset and going through life believing this was a good move. What a dreadful standard of morality the Bible teaches...no wonder there are so many sad and deranged JWs in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit