Questions From Readers-Complete Immersion?

by Mister Biggs 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sirona
    Sirona

This is simply disgusting. I honestly can't think of any other way to describe it right now without swearing.

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Mister Biggs,

thanks for the post! You've taken quite a
    good one. Just for the archives. Btw, I remember a
    baptism of a severe handicapped " person", no problem
    just few brothers and sister standing by ...just in case.

But I do like the poit about "liability " ...!

Surely the WTBS would as usual wriggle out of that,maybe
    not so quickly today.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I just thought of some of the "risks" involved...
    In addition to drowning or paralysis, there are:

1) The risk of eventually getting Disfellowshipped (Elder: "Johnny, I know you're comatose right now, but I know you can still hear me. You haven't done any preaching since your vegetative state. We have no choice but to disfellowship you because of your actions!")

2) Shepherding Calls (Elder: "Well, Ethel, it's always nice to see you. I don't know how you have survived all those years confined in that Iron Lung machine. Oh...By the way, we had a congregation picnic last week. We were running and playing and swimming. Too bad you couldn't make it...")

3) ????

• Scully
    Scully

3) Johnny, you know those kids are "bad associations" - their mother has been in a coma for six months and has become an inactive publisher! No, you cannot play with them!

4) I'm sorry Brother, but you cannot get married to Sister Hot-to-Trot. She is still married to Brother Hot-to-Trot, even though he has been in a vegetative state for 12 years. Pulling the plug on him would bring bloodguilt to her and the congregation. Jehovah takes marriage vows very seriously and hates a divorcing, as do we.

• Bang
    Bang

The Lord was strolling on the earth and seeing folk for judgement day and He came across a hard working young Chinese girl who had been persecuted all of her short life, yet she remained loving with everyone she ever encountered.

And the Lord said, "Well, I've got to throw you in the fire now and be done with you, but you should have had full immersion like these fine suited men judging with me. Ah well, such is goodness."

Bang

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Bang,

THAT IS BRILLIANT

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Luke 23:43 - "Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Luke 23:43.5 - "By the way... have you been baptized? No? Oh rats! So sorry. Maybe next time."

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit