Pub Record Card Policy

by VitoJW 11 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Orange,

Those files are the property of the congregation. Should you die, they stay the property of the congregation.

I have seen files of JW's who have been dead 30 years.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

I see a few of you have been elders, could you please tell me what they do with the files of those who have been reproved, publicly privately and disfellowshipped ones?

In the US and Canada, if you have been DF'd they are kept on file for five years, if 'reproved' three years. The Secretary is then supposed to destroy them, but this instruction is not zealously followed. I understand in the UK, nothing is being kept on file these days due to the Data Protection Laws enacted a couple of years ago.

If that person commits another 'sin' during this period, the envelopes are unsealed and read by their JC before they meet with the person.

And what if you wrote a personal letter to an elder and then he uses it in a JC hearing? Why no loyality when the letter is written with the understanding that is it( Personal and Confidential) on the envelope?

Such a letter is kep in the same envelope together with the report sent to the Branch and any notes made by the elders present.

The issue of confidentiality is amusing as the Chairman is instructed these days to write both the persons name and the persons 'sin' on the front of the envelope.

And can a person who has been disfellowshipped ask for these nasty files that they have in there little elders room under lock and key???

No they are the property of the congregation and not the person about whom they are written.

Hope that this helps - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit