One Miracle in my life

by Dawn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Nobody here I don't think has the proper credentials to discredit you here Dawn. I think that even though there are lots of questions of why this and why that and there always will be it does not mean god doesn't listen to us in our prayers and comfort us in some ways. You know what you felt and that's what matters. Thank goodness he turned out to be okay.

-Rick

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Even the mainstream press has printed articles on how medical professionals believe there is evidence that there is a "power" in prayer (call it what you may).

Even the mainstream press, that bastion of rational thought and objectivity! [8>]

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Was it a co incidence or cause and effect? No body can say for sure.

Don't spit in my food and call it a condiment. This is a case that does not involve any more miracle than human intelligence and ingenuity - no small miracle that, I'll grant you. Medical science saved this kiddo's leg and life. Thank God no one relied on prayer .

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Still, I bet this is all a pretty powerfull feeling for you, eh Dawn?

See the danger?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

funkyderek:

Even the mainstream press, that bastion of rational thought and objectivity
    I agree with your sentiments...however, the point I was making was that secular as well as religious people can provide "evidence" that there is a "power" in prayer
  • Satanus
    Satanus

When you 'knew' the boy would be alright, that feeling may have been from a higher source, enabling you to get an impression of the future. Other than that, i see no miracle. The operation went normally. Likely, there was no divine intervention, other than your 'knowing' it would turn out well. Sorry.

There is a lady who posts here sometimes who said her foot healed miraculously. Maybe she will comment. Here it is. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=11392&site=3 Unless she is lying, i would call it a miracle.

SS

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I agree with your sentiments...however, the point I was making was that secular as well as religious people can provide "evidence" that there is a "power" in prayer

And the point I was trying to make was that there is no such evidence. Tabloid reports of results of studies which claim to show proof of the "power of prayer" do not constitute evidence, any more than the kind of "miracle" described above.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

funkyderek:

And the point I was trying to make was that there is no such evidence. Tabloid reports of results of studies which claim to show proof of the "power of prayer" do not constitute evidence, any more than the kind of "miracle" described above
    I'm not talking about Tabloid reports...I'm referring to respected weekly U.S. magazines like TIME and NEWSWEEK. They've done cover stories on the "power" of prayer. In other words, they report that some doctors notice that patients who are prayed over (whatever religion) have a higher rate of recovery. Whatever they attribute it to - God, positive thinking, whatever...they say in their opinion there is a POWER in prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit