Help with "APOSTATE"

by moman 19 Replies latest jw friends

• moman
    moman

We call the WT the "Borg" & their followers "Dubs" etc., these are describtive words that (we) have given them.

My question is this: Why do we refer to ourselves as "apostates"? This is their (derogatory) name for us.

What can we call ourselves, how bout "Liberators"? , this is difficult.

Suggestions ( )?

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

I am not what's called an apostate because I've never been a JW.

However, you can take that nickname with pride and use it as a badge of honor for getting out of a very ungodly religion.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Moman/Eddie: Yes, the term 'apostate' is a label uniquely used by the Watchtower Society. In Greek is it a simple verb form and does not carry the emotional and social baggage that it does to little cult religions like the JWs. One can change jobs, and be called an apostate ... in fact, one could change busses between the RTD System and Greyhound in Los Angeles and be called an apostate.

Nevertheless, I do not normally refer to myself as an 'apostate' because the obly viable Biblical apostasy is to leave Jesus Christ, not any religious system. And also, because I do not like playing the Watchtower's game ... so the term is not applied. However, once in a while, out of humor, I will make a play on it ... like I do in reference to my ten year Apostate Pin coming due on May 1st of this year.

• moman
    moman

Amazing, if you can't help, I'm probably wasting my time.
    Yes, you may take that as a compliment!

• roybatty
    roybatty

I consider myself an "ex-Jehovah's Witness" not an apostate. But if JWs want to refer to me as an "apstate" that's fine with me. I've been called much worse, like "Jehovah's Witness."

• moman
    moman

roy, good one, lol

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I understand what you are saying, but I am the only one allowed to call myself an apostate. LOL. Also , fellow apostates are allowed to call me an apostate. I would be irate if a Jehovah's Witness calls me apostate. The reason being, I have not turned my back on Jesus Christ. I may not understand fully , his purpose for me, but I am thankful for what he did for me. To quote from the movie, "The Princess Bride", (comedy) , " I do not think that word means , what you say it means." Inconceivable." Of course the JW's are famous for making definitions of words , that are not accurate. What does the Bible say it means, vs. what do Jehovah's Witnessses say it means? There is always a conflict between the two.........hummmmmmmmmmm

• stocwach
    stocwach

The 2 main definitions of "apostate" in Meriam-Websters Dictionary are 1)renunciation of a religious faith 2) abandonment of a previous loyalty.

So from JW perspective, we are considered apostates, and you could consider yourself a JW APOSTATE.

For those of us that have accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we DEFINITELY are not Biblical apostates.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm marketing a product called "Dub-X" that removes bullshit stains from brains.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm not apostate .........

I'm born again, and I'm FREE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit