Prejudice

by Elders_Kid 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Welcome to the forum, Elders_kid,

I think you have something in common with another poster. Here is a link to her experence with her sister and shunning. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15856&site=3

Edited to ad another link. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15116&site=3

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome Kid! I doubt that how much we share with you about our similiar experiances with family shunning it will lessen the feelings it manifests in you! All the abstractions in the world don't compare to when it happens to you. No need for us to tell you stories when you've felt the "love of Jesus" eminating from the JUU's, especially family.

It sounds like you are on your way to full healing from the wounds. Best of luck and hope you hang out with us.

carmel who's been there too.

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

Well it looks like I'm gonna hang out with you guys for a while. Reading your posts, and seeing that others have similar problems is a real help in the healing process. It's just too bad that there are so many people that have been blinded by this religion that they would turn their backs on their own family members.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Welcome,

It is ridiculous the way they get even family members to shun one another. Truly the organization is not worth the space they take up. Nobody should be allowed to adversely effect so many peoples lives.

-Rick

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

My parents wouldn't talk to me for a few years. I was fortunate to have a sister that left the JW so I had someone to talk to. The main thing to remember is that JW believe that the world revolves around them. I hope also that you told your Aunt to leave if she had such a problem. Even to this day, 12 years later, my mother doesn't understand why out of 5 kids none of us are JW. She has her skewed reasoning but the real "Truth" it seems is much too painful to accept. Also, as from my own post, I didn't even know that these places existed. From the posts I've read this seems like a good place to find support. I certainly hope it helps with some of my lingering pain. It's amazing that after 12 years and a total religion change that the JW programming still manifests itself now and then. All I can say is Blessed Be. There is a good life after JW.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

The same thing happened to me at my mother's funeral, back in 1988.

Thing is, my stepfather had told my DF'd sister to come -- which I had said emphatically we wouldn't be welcomed -- even though the "After-party" was at another JWs house. She said he'd checked and double-checked, and told her it was OK to come. So -- against my best judgement -- we showed up.

Faith was the spinster granddaughter of the family where we used to go for Book Study. She was the one who approached us and asked us to leave. My "worldly" cousins were with us, but stayed for the grub.

Outside, my aunt pulled up for the eats; and saw us waiting outside Faith's house for a cab (We'd rode to the funeral with my natural father, and he dropped us off at Faith's grandparents' home). She basically told us that we knew better and should get over it!

Bottom line is I was evicted from the Wake for MY OWN MOTHER! Even though she wasn't good enough to be memorialized at her KH -- we had to go to the funeral home and listen to the elder drone mumble through his speech.

"By their FRUITS you will know them!"

Keep the Faith
    RAY

http://xjw-central.com/

• Makena1
    Makena1

(((elders_kid)))
    Welcome! May what has happened to you, although painful and upsetting, be just a momentary "blip" on the radar screen of your life!

You wrote:"Now all this rambling brings me back to my original statement: How can an organization that teaches about brotherly love be so prejudice? Do they honestly think that making an "outsider" feel so uncomfortable will encourage them to want to come back?"

Yes, that is exactly what they are "taught" to think - that by putting you on ignore or worse you will be shamed into coming back to the fold. In my 40 plus years of association, I rarely saw it work, and usually when it did, the reinstatement was short lived because the "repentant" one was treated forever as damaged goods.

Just think, if you had disassociated yourself, you would very likely be treated even worse!!! Such is love in dubdom.

Hope you stick around!

All best,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit