by teela(2) 6 Replies latest jw friends

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

It may have discussed elsewhere but should not the fact its nearly 100 years since Jesus came invisibly. This should be ringing alarm bells for the 50 year olds and upwards age group. Or has this generation will not pass away being passed over for new light??

• suavojr
    suavojr

Old timers are waking up to the fact that they will die soon and young ones are simply clueless of what is going on around them. Then you have us... the ones inside who know TTATT and simply calculating when to leave. But I don't think this has still sinked in yet...

• prologos
    prologos

we might be obscessed with the idea that the earth has completed 100 orbits around the sun since 1914,

because of our 10 fingers, the decimal system and even because earth ranks 10 in the Bode law, but

in the Big Scheme of things?

make your life worthwhile without such frameworks.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Generation teaching has been updated to be an overlapping generation - see Changes to the Watchtower Generation.

It is surprising that anyone can still take the religion seriously.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

jwfacts:

It is surprising that anyone can still take the religion seriously.

The COBE asked me today if I was ready to serve again. The first thing that came to mind was just that.....How can I serve in a teaching capacity when I in good conscience cannot take this religion seriously anymore?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What will come out of the WTS. concerning 1914 and 100 years since that year will be a gradual fading diversion.

They know its in their best interests to not bring it up now or into the foreseeable future.

Funny though that Jesus never mentioned anything about overlapping generations, pretty brash to twist the words of Jesus

just to support your own indulgent endeavor of publishing and proliferating literature.

• rmt1
    rmt1

What are David Letterman's Top Ten Things That Could Happen Invisibly In 2014?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit