I made a huge mistake

by KariOtt 63 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

My JW hubby loves my independent mind. I took a good look at his (non-JW) family and that was the way he was raised. So I tap in to the part of him that is most himself when I speak my mind.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

As for buying yourself presents - before I met my wife I never did this - now I do this for Xmas, my birthday and Father's Day. She gets me something for our anniversary though to make up for the rest of the year.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm going to give you some ammunition. I'm quoting directly from the "The Secret of Family Happiness" book, something he should have read by now. I have gone to Chapter 11, "Maintain Peace in Your Household", heading "When the Wife is not a Practicing Christian" (read, not a Witness).

"...be especially careful to show respect for your wife and consideration for her feelings. As an adult, she deserves a measure of freedom to practice her religious beliefs, even if you disagree with them. ... It may be that she feels neglected if you devote a great deal of time to the activities of the congregation..."

First of all, he should not have said a word about the necklace. Second, he should not neglect you in favour of congregational responsibilities. He's being a lousy Witness.

I typically don't try and force a Witness to follow their own rules, as it drives their natural personality further underground, but I don't think your husband's natural hedonistic personality is that attractive. Frankly, you deserve to be treated better.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

jgnat thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit